1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 12:46 AM by George_Johnson

Adobe Reader enabling my fillable pdf

rvesey

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem in my search through the forums.  I need to host a fillable form on a website.  That form has a signature field and I need it to be signed by people who may only have adobe reader.  I created the form normally and have no security settings; however, adobe reader users cannot sign the form using the signature field.  Next, I attempted to create the form as an echosign form, but it appears like that needs to be emailed to the signer, rather than downloaded from the website.  Is there a solution to this?

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader enabling my fillable pdf
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Reader can digitally sign using a signatire field (as opposed to e-sign as with EchoSign) if the document has been Reader-enabled with Acrobat Pro (not Standard) or LiveCycle Reader Extensions. The main problem with enabling with Acrobat Pro is you will be limited by the Acrobat License Agreement to using data from no more than 500 forms that have been returned to you.

It's also possible to e-sign and use EchoSign with a form without first emailing the document to the recipient, but EchoSign is beyond the scope of this forum.