3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 8:41 AM by Peter Spier

Converting pagemaker 7 files in cs3 help

joey G7752

How to open / convert pagemaker 7 files from old computer to windos 7 unit in cs 3 message says the pm doc damaged & cannot be recovered need your help considering cloud memberhip but just not sure if that will work any better

• 1. Re: Converting pagemaker 7 files in cs3 help
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Will it still open in Pagemaker?

• 2. Re: Converting pagemaker 7 files in cs3 help
            joey G7752 Level 1

Dear Peter, thank you for your reply. THe files open up fine in computer 1 ( old computer crashing real bad ) 7 is on xp unit The indesign is on new computer 2 running windos 7 not sure what is wrong have the pagemaker plug in installed.Can you help me open these files which were put in computer 2 by carbonite. also tried puting 7 file on fasyh drive  and tried opening it got same damaged message. Considering gettig a 64 bit unit and the cloud but if i cannot open these i am sunk please help.

• 3. Re: Converting pagemaker 7 files in cs3 help
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

So it sounds like the files are not the originals, but copies from a Carbonite restore?

Can you zip the files and send to me? I'll send you an upload link in a minute.

First, remember that conversions from Pagemaker can range from near perfect to totally useless. If you used Adobe Table or OLE in Pagemaker you'll have real problems, and all images need to be unembedded before conversion or all you will get in ID are the screen previews (and that also means you need to have the original images available).