• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you to fix Connection Error Detected?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to fix the error that reads:

Connection Error Detected

Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet.

I am using a Windows Vista Home Premium computer, and I my interent is working. My adobe digital edition is 2.0.

Does anyone have an idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be a firewall issue (or sometimes even an anitvirus issue).

Try with firewall temporarily turned off.

There are some Vista specific suggestions at http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions-20-windows.html (see the top of this forum contents page).

If that doesn't help, it may be worth trying the older ADE to see if that helps.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try your solutions today or tommorrow. I have the old adobe digital installed and it does the same thing as the 2.0 verison. So hopefully it is my firewall thats making the error appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem, along with everyone else on this forum!

I've tried everything suggested in all the threads I can find and nothing works.

I've disabled firewalls, I've uninstalled anti-virus, I've tried both versions of Digital Editions, I've removed the old registry keys, and I cannot get it to connect to the authorization server. I have another computer at this location which can connect, so it's not a router/ISP problem and it's not the server itself being down.

At this point I cannot borrow any books from my library because it requries the use of Adobe Digital Editions.

I don't know what else I can possibly try. Is there some small file or registry key buried somewhere that might be causing this issue?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt this will help people with this problem, but given what you have tried it is the only thing I can think of.

Try installing the Sony Reader program and using it to open the .acsm files you download from the library and get the Adobe ADRM file.  https://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

That is designed to work in conjuction with Sony eReader devices, but also works standalone. It may be that for some odd reason it can register where neither version of ADE can.  If you do use it, after you have downloaded a DRM .epub file (via the .acsm key file), you will need to do the transfer of the .epub file to any non-Sony device using a file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder, ...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines