I need to create an action. A simple one. The idea: One path is selected, a user runs the action, it makes a copy of that path, moves the copy, select both the path and its copy and makes a blend.
I tried to record that action, but Illustrator does not record the paths selection/selecting (sorry for my English).
Please suggest any way (or workaround).
Even a simplier task: How, in general, having one path selected, select an item/path above or below it? And how to select them both?
I can make a script for that, but the requirement is to keep it as simple as possible: have an Action only without any scripts, if possible.
- select your path
- open Attributes Palette
- in the Note Attribute write "select" for example
- start recording your action
- make a copy of your path and move it
- in the Actions Palette's menu, click on "Select Object..."
- in the Set Selection Dialog, type "select" (the note you assign earlier)
- click ok to dismiss the dialog
- go to Object->Blend->Blend Options... and set your blending options
- go to Object->Blend->Make
- stop recording
Thanks a lot, Carlos!