7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 1:18 PM by A.T. Romano

Soundtrack soll am Filmende immer leiser werden, bis hin zu lautlos

woerkfloh

Mein Soundtrack-Original ist länger als der Film. Also lasse ich ihn am Filmende immer leiser werden (mit Keyframes). Das funzt, aber er wird nicht lautlos, sondern bricht dann einfach ab. Leise zwar, trotzdem,

danke schön für die hilfe

bye

Martina

• 1. Re: Soundtrack soll am Filmende immer leiser werden, bis hin zu lautlos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Martina wrote in German

(Google Translate)

My soundtrack is longer than the original film. So I let him in the end are always silent film (with keyframes). Funzt, but it is not silent, but then breaks off easily. Although quiet, anyway,

thank you for the help

bye

Martina

My Reply In German

(Google Translate)

Ich bin nicht ganz das Verständnis der Übersetzung aus dem Deutschen ins Englische. Es scheint, dass Sie einen Soundtrack, der länger als das Video oben ist es zu haben. Was wollen Sie tun:

Möchten Sie den Soundtrack zu dem Video an zu schneiden, mit dem Schere-Werkzeug, und fügen Sie dann einen Fade Out Audio am Ende des Audio?

Wenn Sie nicht viel von einem Unterschied in der Dauer der Video-und Audio, wollen Sie das Ende der Soundtrack in ziehen, um das Video Dauer überein?

Möchten Sie nutzen eines der SmartSound Soundtracks, wo Sie den Soundtrack zu der Größe wollte schneiden kann, die Aufrechterhaltung der Anordnung der Musik?

Was auch immer der Fall ist, ist es immer gut zu sagen, welche Version von Premiere Elements, die Sie verwenden und auf das, was Computer-Betriebssystem es läuft.

Wenn es möglich ist, könnte man in Englisch so schreiben, dass keiner von uns müsste auf Google Translate ab?

Wir werden gerade für Ihre Follow-up.

Vielen Dank.

ATR

English Version Of My Reply

I am not completely understanding the translation from German to English. It appears that you have a soundtrack that is longer than the video above it. What do you want to do:

Do you want to cut the soundtrack to match the video, using the Scissors Tool, and then add a Fade Out Audio at the end of the audio?

If you do not have much of a difference in the duration of the video and audio, do you want to drag the end of soundtrack in to match the video duration?

Do you want to use one of the SmartSound soundtracks where you can cut the soundtrack to the size wanted, maintaining the arrangement of the music?

Whatever the case, it is always good to say what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

If it is possible, could you write in English so that neither of us would have to depend on Google Translate?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Soundtrack soll am Filmende immer leiser werden, bis hin zu lautlos
            woerkfloh Level 1

Hi ATR,

i hope my english is good enough for english answer. I use Adobe Elements 11 for windows.

My soundtrack (a .mp3 from my own music) is too long but I could cut it. This is not the problem. I want the music get quieter and quieter at the end of the whole movie.

And I want that the music is noiseless at the end of the movie. I used the keyframes but i cannot put one of them at the bottom of the soundtrack-field.

Look

adobe.JPG

Do you know what I mean?

thx a lot

bye

Martina

• 3. Re: Soundtrack soll am Filmende immer leiser werden, bis hin zu lautlos
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Martina

Great job with the English. Much appreciated.

So that I can give you closer details, please let us know what version of Premiere Elements that you are using.

But generally speaking

How are you keyframing the fade out of the music?

a. Are you holding down the Ctrl key and using the mouse cursor to click on the "rubberband" yellow/orange line that goes horizontally across the soundtrack in order to place white dots (keyframes) along the course of the soundtrack?

or

b. Are you working in the Volume Panel to do the keyframing?

Either way, the results should be displayed in both places for your adjustments.

Please excuse if you know already, but I will ask. Are you aware that 0 dB represents the volume level that the soundtrack was recorded at. It does not represent no sound.

Have you tried using the Audio Mixer for keyframing the soundtrack volume? Open the Audio Mixer, focus on the Soundtrack Panel, when you want to start fading out the soundtrack, start lowering the volume of the Soundtrack Panel from 0 dB down to bottom set. You will not see the keyframes until the Audio Mixer is closed and the playback stopped.

Please review and let us know if any of the above helped.

Thank you.

If a problem with me writing in English, we will go to another plan of communication.

ATR

• 4. Re: Soundtrack soll am Filmende immer leiser werden, bis hin zu lautlos
                woerkfloh Level 1

Hi ATR,

thx, writing in english is a very slowing writing. I use Adobe Premiere Elements 11.0

I take Point a.

I don't no exactly what do you mean with "Are you aware that 0 dB represents the volume level that the soundtrack was recorded at. It does not represent no sound."?

I opened the Audio Mixer and put down to bottom set. It doesn't matter on which position I do this, because then the whole sound is now noiseless.

I do not know what's wrong ;-(

English is ok ;-)

many thx

bye

Martina

• 5. Re: Soundtrack soll am Filmende immer leiser werden, bis hin zu lautlos
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Martina

Thank you. You are doing well with you English.

You wrote:

I opened the Audio Mixer and put down to bottom set. It doesn't matter on which position I do this, because then the whole sound is now noiseless.

Let us examine that. To use the Audio Mixer to set your volume keyframes at the end of your soundtrack (as a fade out of the Volume)

a. you open the Audio Mixer.

b. then you hit the play button at the bottom of the Monitor to begin the playback.

c. as the soundtrack plays back, you focus on the Soundtrack Panel of the Audio Mixer.

d. when the play back gets to the point where you want to start fading out the Soundtrack, you move the Soundtrack Panel's Volume slider down and down progressively until you get to the end of the Soundtrack where you have the Volume slider at the bottom (no sound).

e. you will not see that you have placed the keyframes until after the Audio Mixer is closed and the Timeline playback stopped.

Is that what you are doing?

ATR

Add On...I am posting the link to the Adobe Tech Note on Audio Mixer in case you may need it.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS6C96BC86-7342-44a4-8D3F-936C1D66DE0B. html

• 6. Re: Soundtrack soll am Filmende immer leiser werden, bis hin zu lautlos
                    woerkfloh Level 1

Hi ATR,

i got it, it got it.

I did a. b. c. d. And now at the end of the movie there is no noise. Great. That's what I want. But it's complicated.

Nevertheless I do not understand why my first preference doesn't work.

This was my first movie with Premiere 11, it's complicated. Before I work with Pinnacle Studio.

I missed the sceneline ;-(

But many thx to you, it was a great an very very fast help!

good night from germany

Martina

• 7. Re: Soundtrack soll am Filmende immer leiser werden, bis hin zu lautlos
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Martina

Great, great news. So pleased that worked for you.

Congratulations on your first Premiere Elements 11 movie. You did a great job with it and the communications.

As you progress to more and more Premiere Elements 11 projects, it will get easier.

Continued success.

Best wishes.

ATR