3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 3:18 PM by ECBowen

GTX 770 vs GTX 660 ti & GPU-assisted rendering in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

Steve7288

Hello guys!

The new GTX 770 is not listed as Supported Graphic Card (http://www.adobe.com/de/products/premiere/tech-specs.html).

This means i can´t use the GPU assisted rendering for my Premiere Pro CS6, right?

So i heard about the workaround with the txt file and i test it for my old GeForce who also use CUDA.

But the problem is that this dont work stable, my Premiere crashed many times while using the GPU assisted rendering.

So this was more a problem of my old GeForce or a common problem with the .TXT file workaround?

You think Adobe will update the support for the GTX770? Because the GTX680 is supported and it is really similar with the GTX770.

Whats about the GTX660 ti? This card is also not listed but many people use this... the system is stable or crash often?

Is it a big difference for using Premiere Pro CS6 when i use a GTX 660 ti or a GTX770??

Sorry for my bad english and thank you a lot for your help!

Steve

• 1. Re: GTX 770 vs GTX 660 ti & GPU-assisted rendering in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
          jamesp2 Level 1

A "supported card" only means Adobe tested it -- not that it wrote special drivers to make it work.  The 660 Ti works fine with CS6, and it would be very surprising if the 770 didn't as well, as long as you add it to the cuda file.

You don't say what your old Geforce card is, but your crashes are probably due to another problem.  People have been hacking the cuda file for years, without any problems.

As for the difference between 660 Ti and 770 -- there has never been systematic benchmark testing of the cards in PPro.  What differences there may be aren't likely to be huge -- more like seconds, than minutes.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: GTX 770 vs GTX 660 ti & GPU-assisted rendering in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
            Steve7288 Level 1

Thank you a lot!

Oh sorry i forget. My old card is a GeForce GTX 460

My System is:

Intel Core i7 860 - 2.8 Ghz

16GB Ram

GA-H57M-USB3 Motherboard

90GB SSD (Windows + Adobe)

1TB HDD (Programs)

2TB HDD (Data)

460GB SSD (all premiere project stuff including all files, cache and temp media files)

... i will change my harddrive stupt and split it  by adding a 120GB for windows+programs and use the other 90GB as second Drive for adobe stuff...

any adiice how to power up?

Also important: i want to buy two DELL U2713H (sister of the famous U2711) for color grading use. Is this monitor is working with GeForce cards well? Or i need a Quadro because of the 10Bit... ?!?

Thank you for your help. Im not an expert with this hardware stuff.

Steve

• 3. Re: GTX 770 vs GTX 660 ti & GPU-assisted rendering in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
              ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

You must have a Quadro card to get 10bit color Preview with Adobe with regards to video cards. You will not get that with a Geforce card. If you are getting that monitor then I suggest you get a Quadro card provided your workflow is 10bit including the media itself.

Eric

ADK