13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 6:16 PM by Genevieve Laroche

Forms Created Under Trial

Lisa Kreutz1

Where are the forms I created whlie under the 30 day trial?  I have purchased my monthly subscription to Forms Central and cannot locate the files I made under the trial.

Thank you,

Lisa Kreutz

lisa.kreutz@jwftechnologies.com

(513) 287-7511

• 1. Re: Forms Created Under Trial
          Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

Are you logging in with the same AdobeID? You forms should still be in your account after the upgrade.

Gen

• 2. Re: Forms Created Under Trial
            Lisa Kreutz1 Level 1

Yes – I created about 8-10 forms and when I sign in, I only see one.

My user ID is

Lisa.kreutz@jwftechnologies.com<mailto:Lisa.kreutz@jwftechnologies.com>

Password:  <redacted>

Thank you,

Lisa

• 3. Re: Forms Created Under Trial
              RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Lisa,

You shouldn't publish your password on a public forum. I suggest you change your password.

You should read this FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3421

As Gen mentioned you are likely using the wrong Adobe ID to sign in. Do you have one of the URLs from the 8-10 forms you are missing?

Thanks,

Randy

• 4. Re: Forms Created Under Trial
                Lisa Kreutz1 Level 1

I only created one user ID.  I will change my password but wanted you to be able to see what I am talking about.

My URL is:  216.68.37.2

Thank you,

Lisa

• 5. Re: Forms Created Under Trial
                  RandySwineford Adobe Employee

The URL I'm referring to would be begin with adobeformcentral.com

Did you send out any of the forms you lost? We need the URL to the actual form.

• 6. Re: Forms Created Under Trial
                    Lisa Kreutz1 Level 1

I only have them in a PDF format (see attached).  We did not send out any surveys.  Can you convert them to an editable file?

Thank you,

Lisa

• 7. Re: Forms Created Under Trial

Lisa, can you send the PDF to formscentral_feedback@adobe.com with a reference to this post? Your attachment didn't make it to the forum.

Thanks

Gen

• 8. Re: Forms Created Under Trial

Hi Lisa,

When you talk about the "trial" version, are you talking about Acrobat Pro XI trial version and the FormsCentral desktop application which comes with the Acrobat OR are you talking about the FormsCentral $0.99 first month subscription?

I think the files you are 'missing' might be your local forms created with FormsCentral for Acrobat. If that is the case you should be able to launch the desktop application (instead of going to FormsCentral in your browser) and see your local forms . You can then move all your forms online. If you are still using the trial version of Acrobat XI you might not be able to generate PDF in the desktop application anymore and will need to use the web version of FormsCentral to generate PDF forms.

If this is not the issue (i.e. you don't have Acrobat Pro XI trial version) then I have a few more questions for you :

- Are there ANY other email addresses you may have used to register a trial or previous version? Personal email (Hotmail, Gmail), email from previous employer?

- Are there ANY other names you may have used to register a trial or previous version? Maiden name? Something other than "Lisa Kreutz"?

It also looks like you have subscribed twice to the service with this email address. To avoid being billed twice we want to cancel one subsciption for you. This means that you will be getting a cancellation email. This is because we would cancelled a duplicate order, but you will still has original order.

Gen

• 9. Re: Forms Created Under Trial
                          Lisa Kreutz1 Level 1

The Acrobat Pro XI trial version and the Forms Central desktop application.  The trial ran out and when I clicked on the email link to purchase it a few days after the trial expired, it took me to the Forms Central $.99 per month subscription.  Should it be something else?

Thank you,

Lisa

• 10. Re: Forms Created Under Trial
                            Lisa Kreutz1 Level 1

Genevieve:

Per your request below, here are the forms that were lost.  Also, now I keep getting an error that I cannot connect to the server.  My internet works with other sites so I am not sure why this is not working.  Is there some other product that needs to be purchased so I can get back the editable files I created?  I purchased the $.99 per month package because that is what it took me to when I clicked on the link.

If I upgrade it to something with more options, will that allow me to see the server and get back my editable files?

Thank you,

Lisa

• 11. Re: Forms Created Under Trial

First, please send your PDF files to me directly (glaroche@adobe.com). If you respond to the post via email the attachments don't make it to the forum.

Were you trying to purchase the full version of Acrobat XI or you just wanted to upgrade FormsCentral?

Just to clarify things : Acrobat XI comes with a desktop version of FormsCentral. When you own Acrobat XI you can create an unlimitted number of PDF forms using the FormsCentral for Acrobat desktop application. If you want to collect data with the PDF then you also need a FormsCentral subscription. If your Acrobat XI trial is over then you can't create PDF forms with FormsCentral for Acrobat until you buy Acrobat IX.

What you got for $0.99 for the first month month is a FormsCentral subscription. That did not get you the full version of Acrobat XI.

The FormsCentral subscriptions allow you to generate PDF forms but if your Acrobat XI trial is over you will need to do so from the web application : https://formscentral.acrobat.com.

You should still have access to your local forms if you open them FormsCentral for Acrobat.

Mac : /Applications/Adobe Acrobat XI Pro/FormsCentral for Acrobat.app

Windows : C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\FormsCentral\FormsCentralForAcrobat.exe

Gen

• 12. Re: Forms Created Under Trial
                                Lisa Kreutz1 Level 1

Genevieve:  I sent these to you via email yesterday at 1:37 p.m.

We only wanted to use the Forms Central.  Is there a reason we would purchase the full version of Acrobat XI when Forms Central gave us what we needed to create forms?

What is the Forms Central upgrade?  Am I not able to see forms I have already done in the version I have purchased?  What are the other features?

Thank you,

Lisa

• 13. Re: Forms Created Under Trial

After resolving Lisa issues offline I wanted to update this post so that if someone run into this issue in the future they will find an answer.

The problem was that the user installed Adobe Acrobat Pro XI trial version. During the trial the user used the "FormsCentral for Acrobat" desktop application which gets installed with Acrobat XI to create local forms. After the Acrobat trial was over the user uninstall Acrobat. She still wanted to use FormsCentral to create forms so she subscribed to FormsCentral, logged into https://formscentral.acrobat.com but couldn't see the local forms that were created in the past. This is the correct behavior but wasn't what the user what expecting.

When forms are created locally in FormsCentral for Acrobat they are not visible when you log in to FormsCentral via your web browser.

If Acrobat XI was still installed, the user could have gone to the FormsCentral for Acrobat desktop application and move all the local forms online BUT since the application was uninstalled we needed to get the local forms another way. Fortunately when Acrobat is uninstall it doesn't delete the local data.

The solution was to install the FormsCentral Desktop application (https://www.acrobat.com/formscentral/en/desktop-download.html) then move the local forms from the FormsCentral for Acrobat local space to the FormsCentral Desktop local space. This will make the forms appear in the FormsCentral Desktop application and you can then move them online.

Gen