2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 5:15 PM by station_two

How do I move PS -CS5 to a different drive on the same computer?

echase1974

Ran out of space on my C: and would like to move it to a different drive.  How do I go about this?  Can I just drag the folder over?

• 1. Re: How do I move PS -CS5 to a different drive on the same computer?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You do not move it, You un-install it from the C drive and then you  see it its installer has any option to install it onto some other drive.  If does some Photoshop stuff will still be put on the c drive like ACR cache your preferences etc.  You can not simple move it. There are too many registry setting pointing to its  C location..  .

You should actually get a free utility like WinDirStat to see what's big and eating up you C.  See if any big stuff you see can be eliminated or moved.  For example if  you have GB of ram and do not hibinate your system.  If Hibernate is turn on there is a RAM size hibernation file on the C disk.  Turning of hibernation support will delete that file and you will regain GBs of space on your C:

• 2. Re: How do I move PS -CS5 to a different drive on the same computer?
            Level 5

If you're already running out of space on your boot drive, the relatively paltry amount of room you'll gain by moving Photoshop to a different drive won't even begin to make a dent in the issue.

Get a new, much larger drive.