1 person found this helpful
Download the offline installer here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac /install_flash_player_11_osx.dmg
If it won't download directly, right click and "Save as"
Mount the DMG and run the installer
If it won't run, go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins
Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there
Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe
Trash the Flash Player folder (the whole folder)
Empty the trash
Mount the DMG and run the installer again.
Thank you for your advice CF McBlob.
Unfortunately, these steps did not work for me. Any other advice?
- Mount the Flash Player installer .dmg file
- Copy the "Install Adobe Flash Player" file to desktop or any other directory as preferred
- Open terminal and cd to desktop or the other directory
- Run the following command on terminal: sudo ./Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player
- Insert the password when asked
Thank you, I have tried this as well. The installer stops at 85% and gives an error message.
Any other strategies?
Have you tried it under another user account? If not, create a new Admin account and run it. If that works, you need to either:
1. Repair permissions for your account from the Disk utility app or
2. Download and run AppleJack http://sourceforge.net/projects/applejack/files/AppleJack/
Applejack will repair permissions at the Root level in your Unix Kernel. It's very thorough and simple.
Thanks but a new user account did not work either.
Any other suggestions?
I slam headlong into a wall at this point. It may be a Kernel level permissions issue. Did you run AppleJack?