1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 1:28 AM by phthalojohan

Photoshop CC doesn't allow painting on fill layer

phthalojohan Level 1

I just installed photoshop CC and wanted to continue working on my old photoshop files (which I previously edited with photoshop CS3 and photoshop 7). I use a lot of fill layers to color my drawings because they are easier to edit later. Things is, in photoshop CC all my fill layers, news ones and the old ones, are locked. I cannot paint on them when I previously could.

There would be an error message asking me to rasterize it (which I don't want to, because it would make it hard to edit next time), and also a second message of "Content On The Layer Is Not Directly Editable".

Is there an option I can select to allow painting on Fill Layer and Adjustment layers again?

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC doesn't allow painting on fill layer
          phthalojohan Level 1

EDIT: I think I just found the solution to my own problem. Thought I'd keep the post here just in case anybody else has the problems. In phtoshop CC when you select the fill layer, a selection boundary by default appears on the color or adjustment. I had to select the mask (the BnW thumbnail) instead. Then photoshop would let me paint on the fill/adjustment layer.

If anybody knows anyway to let me select the BnW mask by default feel free to reply