4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2007 10:17 AM by neal2000uk

Buddy API Cross Platform Projector

neal2000uk
      I am trying to create a cross platform projector which contains the buddy api xtra. i've looked in various forums on how to do this and follwed the steps but still having some issues. I'm making it on a PC on Director MX 2004. Below is what I've done so far, anyone see what I'm doing wrong????

I've downloaded the mac version of buddy api (Buddy API Xtra.data & Buddy API Xtra.rsrc) and placed them in Director MX 2004\Configuration\Cross Platform Resources\Macintosh

Amended the xtrainfo.txt and added the line at the bottom:
      [#namePPC:"Buddy API XTRA", #nameW32:"budapi.x32"]

But when I try to create the Macintosh projector in Director I get the Error message:
      'Can't find the xtra file "BudFile.x32". Continue creating projector?

What I don't donestand is the .x32 is the windows extra which i have embedded in the projector thorugh Modify>Movie>Xtras..

HEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP
        • 1. Re: Buddy API Cross Platform Projector
          Level 7
          > I've downloaded the mac version of buddy api (Buddy API Xtra.data & Buddy API
          > Xtra.rsrc) and placed them in Director MX 2004\Configuration\Cross Platform
          > Resources\Macintosh
          >
          > Amended the xtrainfo.txt and added the line at the bottom:
          > [#namePPC:"Buddy API XTRA", #nameW32:"budapi.x32"]
          >
          > But when I try to create the Macintosh projector in Director I get the Error
          > message:
          > 'Can't find the xtra file "BudFile.x32". Continue creating projector?

You appear to be trying to embed BudFile not Buddy API - they are
          different xtras.
          • 2. Buddy API Cross Platform Projector
            neal2000uk Level 1
            when i got to Modify>Movie>Xtras - both budapi.x32 and budfile.x32 are present

Do I actually need the budfile.x32 in my 'Modify>Movie>Xtras' section? There is also an xtra called c3Auth.x32 which I am unsure if I need. I am basically creating a CD-ROM which includes linkes to a few PDF's, Word files, Powerpoint presentations and movie clips.
            • 3. Re: Buddy API Cross Platform Projector
              Level 7
              > when i got to Modify>Movie>Xtras - both budapi.x32 and budfile.x32 are present

Are you using functions from BudFile? Does it need to be included?
              The error message you cited means that the inclusion of BudFile is
              failing, not Buddy API. So you need the split xtra, and to modify your
              xtrainfo.txt file, etc. as you detailed in your initial post - but for
              Buddy File too.
              • 4. Re: Buddy API Cross Platform Projector
                neal2000uk Level 1
                Thanks for your help, seems to be working now