12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2013 1:43 PM by stein016

Does anyone have a shortcut method of adding white borders?

stein016

Using Elements 11 - I have a photo scanning project that I'm doing for an elderly friend (well, at least a bit older than me) for her five daughters and their families. There are two shopping bags full of various sized black and white and color photos dating all the way back to the 1950's. This is very important project as the only person in the family who remembers is my elderly friend who is suffering from alzheimers and wants this done in the next couple months before her other illnesses overtake her. I am using Photoshop Elements 11 and have Photoshop CS3 as a back up.

I have scanned all photos in at 300 dpi, cropped, edited them for color, sharpness etc and am in the process of adding a white border - wider on the bottom - so I can type in info regarding who is in the photo, date, etc. This is the only way we can guarantee the coming generations will be able to identify each and every relative in the photos.What is taking extra time is the border. Currently I am resizing the canvas, then cropping it to get the wider lower border. I am doing this individually due to the many different sized photos.

Here is a sample of what I am doing - using one of my own photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33519383@N05/9287085254/in/photostream/

Does anyone have an easier/faster method to get this border without using my step-by-step method?