19 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 4:13 AM by Fuzzy Barsik

Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie

MXMXVR Level 1

Hi, I'm working with W8.

I have a GOPRO HERO 01: I did a time lapse footage months ago. I have imported the frames to Ad. After Effects: the resolution movie is about 2K. After that I exported the AVI movie (2k) to Ad. premiere. The 2k movie was edited as a full hd movie (1920x1080).Ok. So I exported it as a FLV file. Ok. I uploaded it to YOUTUBE but the movie is played as a low resolution movie, even if I choose a 1080p resolution. What's going on?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
          Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

1. Stay with the native 2k resolution throughout the whole pipeline until final export.

2. Do not export to FLV, use H.264 YouTube preset instead. Better yet, H.264 HDTV one.

3. Wait until YouTube finishes processing your upload completely.

• 2. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
            MXMXVR Level 1

Look at this split of my movie in the link below; it is a 2k movie edited as a full hd movie! It was exported as a FLV, even though it works perfectly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orDfHEIaKpY

Now look what I got with the whole movie! Even with a 1080p resolution it looks like a movie made with a cell phone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbX1Uy9CV-o

Curious!

When I run the mouse pointer in the roll bar of the first movie I see no thumbnails: so the movie works! When I run the mouse pointer in the roll bar of the whole movie I see thumbnails, so the movie doesn't work!

• 3. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
              MXMXVR Level 1

As you know my work is a time lapse movie: each frame is 2592x1944: this is neither 2K, nor 3K! I can create a composition of 2592x1944 on After Effects, but I can't create a project with this resolution on Ad. Premiere: the projects are 2k or 3k; I tried to export this 2592x1944 movie from AE as an AVI file > I imported this AVI file to a 3k APremiere project > exported it to YTUBE with dozen of differen kind of files: H.264, FLV, MPEG2 Blu ray...nothing works...the image quality is a s***! So I created a 2K projec on AP...It didn't work too! I took me almost 3 months of hard work! What am I supposed to do?

Curious...

When the footage is made with the camera placed in the car, it doesn't work when I export, no matter the file I choose > When the footage is made with the camera placed on a tripod it works perfectly no matter  the file I choose...WTF is this?

Me again! I took another; I've imported the 2592x1944 GOPRO frames to AE > I've exported the AVI movie that I've done with these frames as a 2K movie > I created a 2K AP project...the AVI file should fits the AP program monitor as a glove, shouldn't it? But it doesn't! I have to shrink the AVI file on the vertical direction to make it fit. What's wrong here?

• 4. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                Fuzzy Barsik Level 4
                my work is a time lapse movie: each frame is 2592x1944: this is neither 2K, nor 3K! I can create a composition of 2592x1944 on After Effects, but I can't create a project with this resolution on Ad. Premiere: the projects are 2k or 3k;

A project is neither 2k nor 3k. A sequence can be either 2k or 3k. Or any other resolution you want.

Why did you decide you can't create a 2592 x 1944 sequence in PrPro? Just because you were unable to find an exact preset? Did you try to create a custom sequence or simply drop your footage or a dynamically linked AE composition (if you're on Production Premium or Master Collection) into the 'New Item' button at the bottom right corner of the Project panel?

P.S. Sorry, I can't parse anything from the rest of what you were saying...

• 5. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                  MXMXVR Level 1

It's unbelievable 1.

I really didn't know that I could creat a sequence according to my preferences.

It's unbelievable 2.    

I've created a 2592x1944 sequence and it still doesn't work. Look at the results below; I guarantee you this neither close to the original footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nuF-iSLs1c

Compare the video above with this one: it was taken with the very same camera, it is a 2K movie place on full hd sequence and exported as FLV...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqRQizGLNoY

• 6. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                    Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

It's probably unbelievable as well, but I still do not completely understand what your issue is and why I should compare cheese and chalk.

If you think you're losing quality of your original footage and want to get helped, than

- share a sample of your original footage;

- present a detailed description or post a screenshot of your AE project settings;

- explain what you do with your footage in AE;

- post a screenshot of your AE export settings (if I'm not mistaken, you don't use Adobe Dynamic Link);

- explain what you do with your footage in PrPro;

- post a screenshot of your PrPro export settings.

• 7. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                      MXMXVR Level 1

I'll post the screenshots next week; I wish I could share a sample of my original video...I don't see how doing that unless uploading it  by e-mail. If you don't agree with that, just tell me what to do and I will...thnks!

• 8. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                        Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

Use any file hosting service like Dropbox, Google Drive, FileFactory etc.

• 9. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                          MXMXVR Level 1

What kind of file format and rendering settings should I export the movie before uploading? I don't have necessarily an original file like .mts. The original files are JPEG pictures.....I suggest exporting it like a MPEG2 Blu-ray; the results are about 90% from the original movie...

Hmmm, I see now that the movie created with the pictures are 25fps, and the time base of the sequence settings is 60fps...

• 10. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                            Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

Will original files remain original files if you transcode them into MPEG2 Blu-ray or something else?

How are you going to retain quality throughout the pipeline, if 10% loss on a single transcoding sounds OK for you?

How do you judge on scope of loss by the way?

If your source files are JPEG sequence, zip it with no compression and upload that archive file. No needs to zip all JPEGs from a lengthy image sequence, just enough frames to clearly see the original quality (25 frames is more than enough).

P.S. Frame rate misinterpretation can't ruin image quality, it is capable of influencing playback speed only.

• 12. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                              Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

OK. Now answer the rest questions from my comment #6:

- what are your AE project settings?

- what do you do with your footage in AE?

- what are your AE export settings?

- what do you do with your exported from AE footage in PrPro;

- what are your PrPro export settings?

• 13. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                                MXMXVR Level 1

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7OiVvytWzSLNFVMNENoT0Zxelk&usp=sharing

About the question...What do you do with your footage in AE?

I turn each footage into a composition > each composition becomes a layer from a "mother" composition > I add everybody to the render queue and export it as an AVI file.

I forgot this one..

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7OiVvytWzSLeUpjWGw0VVNnUlk/edit?usp=sharing

• 14. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                                  Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

Well, if you neither do any compositing work in AE, nor apply any AE specific effects, why do you start from AE at all? Why don't just import your JPEG sequences directly into PrPro?

Then, on exporting you resize your AE composition to even different aspect ratio, not just different size... Then again, for some reason you export your PrPro sequence to FLV...

What do you actually want to achieve with your original JPEG sequence? If your goal is to simply change your footage frame aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, you can easily accomplish that task in PrPro entirely.

• 15. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                                    MXMXVR Level 1

I was convinced Ad. premiere could not import stills as a movie; it doesn't have a check box...import as a movie, so I did the movie with AE, exported it as AVI files, and imported those files to Adobe premiere. But someone here on Adobe gave me the correct way to import JPEG files as a movie and that's what I did. The results were still bad...

Look the result I got importing JPEG stills as a movie directly to Ad. Premiere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv9ZCYUluDM

Take a look (hd) on this other split which was made in the very same way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akm1PmLwHFE

The takes in the sky are good, in the river so so, in the road absolutelly horrible! Why? The one and only difference for me are textures...they turn into "pixelization" and I don't know what to do...

• 16. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                                      Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

Well, sounds like that is mostly YouTube issue, and here is another recent thread with similar problem.

PrPro is definitely not as good at resizing, but YouTube kills the remains of quality completely...

Here is the exported MP4 file from PrPro and here is the result of uploading it to YouTube:

Exactly the same issues as yours. I gave up, can't influence YouTube. Didn't notice anything like this before...

• 17. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                                        MXMXVR Level 1

Thanks anyway...

• 18. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                                          MXMXVR Level 1

Hi Fuzzy, are you still here? Get a look in this!

http://youtu.be/ZKve5IU4SEE

I have placed a post on the link "another recent thread"  (post 16 yours), and guess what? My case had the very same solution! Would you like to know it?

Edited on 2 a.m.

I feel absolutelly stupid! When I posted the comment above I was watching the video on a 120hz monitor, so I thought It was good! Now on my 60hz tv I see the very same pixelization. So this is the point: to get rid of this kind of problem it is necessary rendering and watching the video on a 120hz monitor!

• 19. Re: Ad. Premiere CS5.5 2K movie
                                            Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

Monitor frequency has nothing to do with quality increase or decrease. Neither while rendering, nor watching. Monitor frequency can help fooling your eyes when it comes to critical speed effect and nothing else.

This particular issue with quality is a result of Google's over smart developers decision to downconvert uploaded Full HD video to 6 Mbps irrespective of its original bitrate, which results in ugly artefacts for this particular shot with a lot of movement.