1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2007 10:39 AM by Newsgroup_User

Other Distros

darylducharme
      After checking the docs I saw that only a few linux distros were supported in this alpha release. As a Fedora user, I was a bit disappointed but I understand that making it available for the multiple distros is part of what makes it hard to take make this work on linux. So my question is, are there plans to let other distros, like Fedora, help in the testing process before release?

PS - I still tried it and the install went well. It just doesn't like compile MXML files, which was the same problem I had with the hacked version of flex builder on linux. I'll just keep booting into Windows for now.
        • 1. Re: Other Distros
          Level 7
          Diacr? wrote:
          > After checking the docs I saw that only a few linux distros were supported in
          > this alpha release. As a Fedora user, I was a bit disappointed but I
          > understand that making it available for the multiple distros is part of what
          > makes it hard to take make this work on linux. So my question is, are there
          > plans to let other distros, like Fedora, help in the testing process before
          > release?
          >
          > PS - I still tried it and the install went well. It just doesn't like compile
          > MXML files, which was the same problem I had with the hacked version of flex
          > builder on linux. I'll just keep booting into Windows for now.
          >
          >
          Hi Diacr,

Can you please log a bug for the same in the bug base...
          http://bugs.adobe.com/jira (Flex builder linux)..
          While doing support for fedora we'll seek for feedback... we are in the
          process..

Thanks
          Arun