1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 8:19 AM by amebade05

Batch processing actions in layers

amebade05 Level 1

I've got to submit about 130 images in JPG form to the media department by 1 o'clock today EST.

Basically, this is my setup up in PS CS5. I have a simple graphic (a black decorative border) in its own layer. Below this, I have a mask so that the images below it can peek through the decorative border. The sample below only has 1 image, but in my actual document there are about 130 layers under this mask, each with a different image.

I have to export every single image as a JPG. Not all the images are the same size so I have to turn off all layers, and leave only the layer being exported visible everytime.

Is there anyway I can batch this? I don't see how can PS turn on/off layers automatically as it exports.

Or how could I have done this differently for future reference?

Below is the sample of my setup:

(Sample, not actual)

sample.jpg

Screen shot 2013-07-18 at 10.29.20 AM.png

• 1. Re: Batch processing actions in layers
          amebade05 Level 1

Anyone?!! I really need help. I tried running the Scripts > Export Layers to File, but this exports everything as individual JPG's. It does not include the graphics. I essentially have every layer turned on that I want visible. I am turning image layers on and off as I export. This is tedious!

1 person found this helpful