2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 1:18 PM by zontaluma

White blip onclick

zontaluma Level 1

All-

I have the following code on a click event

window.open("intro.html", "_self");

when the page loads there's a white blip that happens

I have both of my background edge files set to black but that doesn't solve the problem

Both edge files are set to 100% Min W 1024 Max W 1200 Once the browser goes beyond 1200, i can see white

i could set up an animatoin with a white background before window.open but i'd like to understand where the white blip originates/background originates

thx,

Z

• 1. Re: White blip onclick
          Martino77

I see now it's an older question, but I answer it anyway

If I get you right you mean the page 'flashes' a white frame from your edge animation into the 'intro.html'-page? If that's the case I'm sorry, there's nothing you can do about it the way you set things up, 'cause that's a browser thing: when the intro.html page is loading it's not there in 0 seconds, so during loading there's a white page visible. The faster the loading, the shorter that period. It also depends on the browser you're using.

• 2. Re: White blip onclick
            zontaluma Level 1

Thanks for the reply

I actually figured a way around the issue

I simply created an animation that fades from black to white on the main page

I created a trigger at the end of the animation with the following code

window.open("nameOfPage.html", "_self"); 

Inside of the newly loaded nameOfPage.html i started full white then faded to black

now when the page does that funky blip thing it happens in the url string and not the page

everything runs smoothly

thanks for your reply

`Z