3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 6:06 PM by granolakid

End Credits Font Size Font recommendations

granolakid Level 1

What is the largest size font I should use for end credits? The word credits?  Person's position?  Person's Name? I think that the documentary will be shown on TV, in a variety of sizes.

I was thinking of using Arial for the font.

Thank you so much for your help.

barb

• 1. Re: End Credits Font Size Font recommendations
          nealeh Level 5

How long is a piece of string

For something simple follow the example of TV and film programmes and fill around 2/3rds of the screen width.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 2. Re: End Credits Font Size Font recommendations
            A.T. Romano Level 7

barb

With regard to font type, Premiere Elements seems to default to "Adobe Garamond Pro"  for the Default Roll. Arial seems to be a close to it, but I see a subtle difference between the two that pushes me in the direction of Adobe Garamond Pro if I had to choose between the two.

It is important to explore and experiment as to the best font type and font size for your particular situation, especially as it relates to the background for the rolling credits and how fast they are rolling. The contrast between the font color and the background color for the font can strongly impact the clarity of the rolling credits.

I would not give one person more than two lines, one for the name and one for his/her title.

More later.

ATR

• 3. Re: End Credits Font Size Font recommendations
              granolakid Level 1

Hello ATR,

Thanks as always for your help.  I will experiment and see how it works out.  If I discover anything interesting, I will share it with the group.

barb