3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 11:29 PM by PerfectExposure

Dreamweaver CC crashes on startup

PerfectExposure Level 1

I run Dreamweaver CC on a Win 8 64-bit PC. I loaded a saved sitemap (.ste) file. After this Dreamweaver crashes as soon as I try to open it. I see the splashscreen for quite some time and then it will go all black... maybe come back showing the splash screen and go black again. After this I just get the error that the application stopped responding and crashes.

I have followed every single forum on the clearing settings etc and it makes no difference whatsoever. Most of the other bugs allows the users to at least get into Dreamweaver... I can't even do that!!

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver CC crashes on startup
          mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

Please try this official document first to see if has anything relevant for your DW problems:

<http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-crash-dreamweaver-cc.html>

If this doesn't help then you can always post back for other solutions.

Good luck.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Dreamweaver CC crashes on startup
            sudarshan.t Level 6

Try removing/ deleting all 'Sites' or just that 1 troublesome site from your harddisk (where DW usually stores it) and try opening DW. Follow these instructions:

On Windows, the site definitions for Dreamweaver CS6 are stored in the Windows Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Common\12.0\Sites.

In Mac OS X, they are at Macintosh HD:<username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Common:12.0:Sites:Site Prefs.

In recent versions of Mac OS X, the Library folder is hidden. In the Mac Finder, select Go > Go to Folder, type ~/Library in the search field, and click Go.

The version may be 12.0 or 13.0 depending on the version of DW you're using. 12.0 for CS6 and 13.0 for CC.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Dreamweaver CC crashes on startup
              PerfectExposure Level 1

Thanks for the answers but I did not have time to wait so I uninstalled and re-installed Dreamweaver. I re-imported the site and it worked. I am not sure what went wrong but unfortunately time was not on my side to keep digging for the solution.

The solution from mytaxsite.co.uk seems to be the common answer to all Dreamweaver problems which I have tried like I mentioned in my original post, but was definately not the solution.