3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 9:50 AM by Diego243

Radio buttons that pass a value to a textfield

Diego243

Hi everybody;

I’m trying to create a “Rating Matrix” for the evaluation of new raw material. On this form I create a group of radio buttons (i.e. Radio1 to Radio5).

Each radio represents a rating value “Poor=1, Fair=3, Average=5, Good=7, Excellent=9” and I would like to capture this rating (1 or 3 or 5, etc) into a Texfield.

I work in solving this issue without success, if any of you have any example that I could look at it, I will really appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Radio buttons that pass a value to a textfield
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Do you want to count the occurrence of each value and report that in a given text field?

Do you understand that when no radio button or check box when not selected has a value of the string "Off".

Assuming that the value for various radio buttons in a group is the value you want to test

// custom calculation script;

// count occurrences of "9" values

var nTest = 9; // value to test for;

var nCount = 0; // count of occurrences;

// loop through the fields;

for(i = 1; i < 6; i++) {

var nValue = this.getField("Radio" + i).value;

// test if field value equals test value;

if(nTest == nValue) {

nCount++; // values equal so increment count;

} // end test of field value

} // end field name loop;

event.value = nCount; // set field value;

// end custom calculation script;

• 2. Re: Radio buttons that pass a value to a textfield
            Diego243 Level 1

Thanks for your fast response! WowWhat I'm trying to do, is being able to pass a value to a TextField depending on the ratio button selected.If I choose one of the ratio buttons of the group "Opacity" (Opacity1, Opacity2, Opacity3, Opacity4 or Opacity5), I like the TextField "Rank" to show the value.If Opacity1 selected, Rank field value = 1.If Opacity2 selected, Rank field value = 3.If Opacity3 selected, Rank field value = 5.If Opacity4 selected, Rank field value = 7.If Opacity5 selected, Rank field value = 9.

You think this can work?

if(Opacity1.value == "On") {Rank.value==1; // value is added to the texfield;}

if(Opacity2.value == "On") {Rank.value==3; // value is added to the texfield;} Else if(Opacity3.value == "On") {Rank.value==5; // value is added to the texfield;}

Sorry not a programmer.I understand the loop, but is not very clear where I need to add this script, on the radio or in the textfield?Thanks.

Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:48:28 -0700

To: etchechury@hotmail.com

Subject: Radio buttons that pass a value to a textfield

Re: Radio buttons that pass a value to a textfield

created by GKaiseril in JavaScript - View the full discussion

Do you want to count the occurrence of each value and report that in a given text field?

Do you understand that when no radio button or check box when not selected has a value of the string "Off".

Assuming that the value for various radio buttons in a group is the value you want to test

for(i = 1; i < 6; i++) {

if(nTest == nValue) {

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5518047#5518047

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5518047#5518047

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5518047#5518047. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in JavaScript by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 3. Re: Radio buttons that pass a value to a textfield
              Diego243 Level 1

Thanks for your fast response!I solve the issue adding this code in each radio button:this.getField("OpacityTotal").value = 1;

I really appreciate your help.Regards.Diego

Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:48:28 -0700

To: etchechury@hotmail.com

Subject: Radio buttons that pass a value to a textfield

Re: Radio buttons that pass a value to a textfield

created by GKaiseril in JavaScript - View the full discussion

for(i = 1; i < 6; i++) {

if(nTest == nValue) {

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5518047#5518047

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5518047#5518047

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5518047#5518047. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in JavaScript by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.