2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 4:48 PM by KenGraphicandWeb

HTTPS Patient form for a dentist

KenGraphicandWeb

Hi,

I'm a fairly accomplished graphics designer who has recently delved into the world of web design.  The first thing I did was take a course and to become certified in Flash and Dreamweaver CS6. Now I'm on my third client, and he has the following request.

He is a dentist who wants to make it easier on the patients by having them fill out their forms online and submit them over a SSL.    He has already purchased the SSL from GoDaddy, and just needs me to set it up so that a patient fills out the form, submits it somehow, and he gets it in an email. 

Seems fairly simple to me, I just have no idea how to begin.  I really only know HTML and CSS, so I need some help.  Thankfully, my client is extremely flexible and has given me the liberty to do it any way possible, as long as it works and is secure.  Does anyone have any idea how I would go about doing this?

Thanks,

Ken

• 1. Re: HTTPS Patient form for a dentist
          David_Powers Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

This question is probably more suited to the Dreamweaver CC forum, which deals with general Dreamweaver-related issues. This forum is intended mainly to deal with issues arising from the Getting Started video tutorial.

Having said that, HTML is not capable of processing the data submitted from a form. It builds and submits the form, but thereafter the data processing needs to be handled by a server-side script. Most hosting companies provide a form processing script, but you need to find the details of how to use it from the hosting company.

In general terms, you set the action attribute of the form to the URL of the processing script. Because your client wants it submitted over SSL, the URL for the processing script needs to begin with https:// instead of http://. Does GoDaddy provide such a service? Start by asking GoDaddy.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HTTPS Patient form for a dentist
            KenGraphicandWeb Level 1

Thank you,  I'll go ahead and post this in the correct forum.  I'll also ask GoDaddy.