4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 8:38 AM by john worthington

Photoshop crashes and bugs

JoergenAsmussen

Dear Adobe,

I have been using a lot your products professionally for several years now. Overall great products. However - with the release of CS6 photoshop have seemed to become enormously unstable and keeps crashing. And more and more bugs seem to crawl in!!! The reason I react now is because enough is enough... I have a major production, in this case of packs (clothes) and I use liquify a lot. Whenever I click okay it does this:

2013-07-19 kl. 11.44.04 copy.jpg

It puts a bar (in this case a white one) across the picture. The colour varies... It is really anoying especially when having to retouch 200 or 300 packs and have to do it all over some times several times before the bar is not on top of the product.

The puppet warp tool is another story - whenever trying to place a pin, it cuts away sharp corners.

I the tried upgrading to CC - but there you have been so kind to remove the photoshop batch function - in bridge that is, so you can't run actions through bridge anymore!!!

Please fix theese issues or justify why or tell me how to make photoshop not do this.

I run Currently run Adobe CS6 on a Macbook pro, OSX 10.6.8

Sincerely

Jørgen Asmussen

/Professional Photographer

• 1. Re: Photoshop crashes and bugs
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

This is a user forum not the right place for your post. Try in Adobe's feedback web site however it will just be a waste of your time. http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/problems/recent

• 2. Re: Photoshop crashes and bugs
            Level 5

Jørgen,

First a clarification.  You are not addressing Adobe here.  These are user-to-user forums, not a channel to communicate with Adobe.

We are all users just like you.  Some Adobe staff do contribute sporadically on their own time and dime, as volunteers; but Adobe does not officially monitor these forums.

So, don't expect an official response from Adobe.

That being said, the "bar" problem you mention could well be an issue with the video card in your Mac Book laptop.  I cannot replicate your problem on a Mac Pro desktop tower, running Photoshop 13.0.5 ("CS6") under Lion 10.7.5.

Intel Xeon Mac_Pro1,1  2.66 GHz Quad; 16 GB RAM; mutant/flashed, factory-overclocked ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1 GB of VRAM; Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

Perhaps if you tell us what specific steps you take in Liquify, some other user who is running Photoshop under Snow Leopard 10.6.8 can tell us if he/she can reproduce the problem.  As I said, I'm not seeing this in on my system.

Of course, please do make sure your copy of Photoshop is fully updated to version 13.0.5, which is the current version for the Mac.

• 3. Re: Photoshop crashes and bugs
              Level 5

JJMack beat me to it, in a succinct manner.  

• 4. Re: Photoshop crashes and bugs
                john worthington Adobe Employee

I have not seen or heard of this problem before. That being said, I would try upgrading to a newer version of Mac OSX. (this gets you a video driver upgrade as well) Apple has fixed a number of OpenGL bugs that might contribute to this type of problem.