3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2013 10:48 AM by DJosephDesign

Photoshop CC 3D - placed bitmap image on extruded surface goes nasty when rendered

Matthew Graham

The extruded face with System Copy on it has gone really nasty. It looked great before I rendered it!

Flabby_rendered.jpg

Here's it's sister, which I daren't render...

Sharp_unrendered.jpg

This is a production project - so I'm VERY ANXIOUS TO FIX IT!!!!

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC 3D - placed bitmap image on extruded surface goes nasty when rendered
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

And what does "goes nasty" in your world mean? How does it actually look? How is the texturing done? What system? Too many unanswered questions.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC 3D - placed bitmap image on extruded surface goes nasty when rendered
            Matthew Graham Level 1

Hi Mylenium.

There are pictures attached to my post, but they were added on an edit. Maybe you saw the version before they were added.

If you observe the first picture, where the logo says RESCHEDULING, this has gone very blurry.  This blurry effect happens during the rendering process.

the seocnd picture, where it says PO ARCHVIING is not yet rendered. When I do render it, it becomes the same lo-res mess as RESCHEDULING.

The pictures are mapped onto the surface by pasting them onto a file called Layer 1 Extrusion Material - Default Texture2.psb, which seems to be conjured up by just clicking on sublayers in the 3D palette until they appear. I wish I could say I understood what I was doing, but the online dox and tutorials seem very poor for this product, and I am quite confused, but working hard to understand the environment.

I am using a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 with 8 GB RAM Mac running OS X 10.6.8, and Photoshop CC.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Matthew

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC 3D - placed bitmap image on extruded surface goes nasty when rendered
              DJosephDesign Level 1

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the same problem.

The texture on the front and back surfaces look fine, but the extrusion surface gets blurred.

In my case, I discovered the blur happens along a UV line.

Here's a partial render:

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 1.38.30 PM.png

As you can see, the blur is happening along a diagonal line. When I look at the UV texture, I realized that line is part of the texture mapping:

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 1.39.13 PM.png

So how can we fix this blurring on the diagonal UV line?

I have my object's texture mapping set to "scale." (Anything will stretch the very few pixels the UV Texture creates.