4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2007 9:41 AM by Newsgroup_User

Editting Nodes

Mattastic Level 1
      HI Folks,

Could anyone please tell me how I can straighten out a curved node?

So I can change a rectangle with rounded edges, to one that has straight edges.

Thankyou
        • 1. Re: Editting Nodes
          Level 7
          Zoom to the largest area your screen can support, select your object with
          the SubSelect Tool (white arrow) and click on one of the corner nodes. Hold
          down the shift key and drag the control handle backtowards the node until
          you're directly on top of it. You can now move the node (with the arrow
          keys) where you want it.

Peter

"Mattastic" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fe5fg0$9nl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          | HI Folks,
          |
          | Could anyone please tell me how I can straighten out a curved node?
          |
          | So I can change a rectangle with rounded edges, to one that has straight
          edges.
          |
          | Thankyou

• 2. Re: Editting Nodes
            abeall Level 3
            Easiest way is to just single click a curved node using the Pen tool -- this will convert it to a straight node. Careful, if you click an already straight node with the Pen tool, it will remove it altogether.

Another way to delete a single handle, without messing with the sister handle, is to click and drag a handle with the Subselect tool while holding Shift and Alt -- this will lock the handle along its existing angle, which then let's you easily drag it all the way to the original node, which removes it.

HTH
            • 3. Re: Editting Nodes
              abeall Level 3
              Oh, another way to convert curved nodes to straight nodes, available in CS3 is the new Path panel(Window > Other > Path) which has a command, Point > Edit > Straighten Points, which will remove the handles on all selected points -- or if you have the path selected with the regular black Pointer tool, it converts all points(without having to select them).

There's always more than one way to skin a cat in Fireworks.
              • 4. Re: Editting Nodes
                Level 7
                Thanks for reminding me Aaron, I've just slapped myself on the back of the
                head*

Ignore what I said Matt, sorry for the misinformation.

Peter
                CS3 is
                | the new Path panel(Window > Other > Path) which has a command, Point >
                Edit >
                | Straighten Points, which will remove the handles on all selected points --
                or
                | if you have the path selected with the regular black Pointer tool, it
                converts
                | all points(without having to select them).
                |
                | There's always more than one way to skin a cat in Fireworks.
                |