Lots and lots of questions.
1. Your export settings should include Square Pixels, not what you have shown.
2. Do you really want Frame size 1960 width and 1080 height? Typically that would be 1920 x 1080 16:9.
3. What are the properties of your source media...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, aspect ratio, file extension...etc. Consequently what are you or the project setting as the project preset in the new project dialog? Could it be one of the project presets with 1280 x 720 in its description? Which one?
Let us start here and then decide what next. More details coming if necessary.
1. Thanks for that, solved the problem.
2. Thanks for that, too. Typo on my part.
3. For what it's worth . . . WMV9 video with WMA 9.2 audio, 30 frames/second, 640x360 (don't ask whyI decided it would be a good idea to stretch it so), 900kbps and a PNG image (200x200). The (intended) render settings were 1280x720, as is the project's dimentions, at 6000kbps.
Anyhow, the Square Pixels thing fixed the problem, so thanks a lot!
Great, great news.
Immediate problem solved. And, typically sage advice "do not mess with a good thing", but, if you ever want to go over your workflow details when setting up for a future project(s), just let us know, and we will offer some importing/editing/exporting suggestions for you to consider.
Continued success. And many thanks for the follow up.