3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2013 4:42 AM by Rick Gerard

How do i do this? i don't know what it's called

PieAtipas

Hello,

I'm a new member at this forum and i was hoping that you would please give me some information on how to do this After Effects video. So i'm working on a school project, I have a footage of a cereal bowl that zooms in slowly and i have to make a still graphic of cereal fall into the bowl that covers the whole footage. I don't know how to make the graphic go into the bowl and also that is zooming in. Can somebody please give me some directions? Or can somebody just give me a name to what this is called?

Thank you

• 1. Re: How do i do this? i don't know what it's called
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It's called motion tracking. You could use AE's Corner Pin tracking, scale and rotation tracking or use Mocha. The procedure is to track the shot so that you get perspective and scale information from the objects moving in the shot and then apply those properties to the item you want to add to your shot. Here's what a corner pin tracking setup would look like.:

tracking.jpeg

I can't reccommend the best setup without seeing the shot. You have to have some detail in your shot so yo have something to track. You'll find lots of tutorials on the web for corner pin tracking or motion tracking. What you do not want to use for this shot would be 3D camera tracking.

• 2. Re: How do i do this? i don't know what it's called
            PieAtipas Level 1

Hi. thanks for answering

If i'm done with the motion tracking, how can i make the graphic fall in to the bowl and disappear?

Thanks

• 3. Re: How do i do this? i don't know what it's called
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Add a null. Parent the graphic to the null. Animate the position of the null to move the graphic. Animate the opacity of the graphic to make it dissapear.

It sounds like you need to go through the basics of how to use AE. It's not a program you can have any success with unless you devote a good amount of time to study it. Start here.