7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 9:05 PM by A.T. Romano

Drag and Drop Menu

joanl22

I try to drag and drop a menu template and I get a pop up about Plus members.  I cannot proceed without filling it out.  When I do I get and error message.

• 1. Re: Drag and Drop Menu
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using and on what operating system?

Which menu template are you using? Does it have a yellow or blue flag over it's upper right corner?

• 2. Re: Drag and Drop Menu
            joanl22 Level 1

I have version 10 and Windows 7.   I am using Baby Clouds and it has a blue flag in the upper right corner.

Joan Allen

• 3. Re: Drag and Drop Menu
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you a Plus member of Photoshop.com? Menu templates in version 9 which have a blue flag over the upper right corner are limited to Photoshop.com Plus users. (This changed in version 11, in which all templates are available to anyone at no additional charge.)

this is complicated by the fact that Adobe has begun shutting down Photoshop.com -- so it's likely these "bonus" templates are not available for version 9 at all anymore.

Though, as I say, the good side of this is that newer versions of the program do not have premium content. All additional content is available at no additional charge.

• 4. Re: Drag and Drop Menu
                A.T. Romano Level 7

joanl22

Just ran into a curious situtation which suggests that you not give up just yet on your Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit and that photoshop.com plus member "Baby Clouds" disc menu.

I just opened my Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit, started a new project, went to Disc Menus, and selected the photoshop.com plus member "Baby Clouds" disc menu. I was greeted by what seemed like an endless online download process for the disc menu. I was about to cancel the online download when all of a sudden the disc menu appeared ready for use.

Lots of things are possible because of the situation here with photoshop.com and photoshop.com and Adobe and Premiere Elements version earlier than 11. I was never a photoshop.com plus member so never had access to these photoshop.com plus disc menus.

When Premiere Elements 11 arrived on the scene, these same menus were in the new version as free choices with no photoshop.com plus or Adobe Revel designations. And, if I went to versions earlier than 11 and tried to obtain one of these menus, no success. So, I am not sure if what just happened to me reflects a change in the way that Adobe is dealing with this type of situation OR something else.

Have you registered your Premiere Elements 10 and is your Adobe ID and Password working OK?

Also, you might want to turn off your anti-virus and firewalls to see if that has any affects on the situation.

Please let us know if any further developments

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Drag and Drop Menu
                  joanl22 Level 1

Thank you. I will try that.

Sent from my phone

• 6. Re: Drag and Drop Menu
                    joanl22 Level 1

Part of the problem is I keep getting error messages when I try to become a plus member. It won't let me go any farther or just use what is already available on my version.

Sent from my phone

• 7. Re: Drag and Drop Menu
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

joanl22

Just checking in to inquire. Are in starting out by trying to respond to one of those old photoshop.com Adobe Revel transfer type pop ups?

If so, don't.

All I did was to go into Premiere Elements 10 Disc Menus, click on the Baby Clouds to select it, hit Apply, and got a prolonged downloading progress display, and, when I was just about to cancel out, the download completed depositing Baby Clouds in to the Disc Menu area for use. All that was the other day. Baby Clouds is still there, still available for regular use.

Tonight I tried again for one of the photoshop.com plus disc menus, Summer Beach...same thing

a. select the thumbnail for it in the disc menu display of thumbnails

b. hit Apply

c. got a Online Content Download Dialog whose progress bar kept going endlessly

d. it took about 12 minutes, but then there it was - one Summer Beach ready to go in the Disc Menus section and the thumbnail in the display clearly evident that it was ready for regular use thereafter.

Please let us know if any of that is happening for you with your Premiere Elements 10 disc menus.

Thanks.

ATR