0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2013 10:02 AM by Malc 856485

Camera raw 7.4 will not open the D800 NEF Raw files. D300 NEF files open OK

Malc 856485 Level 1

Camera raw 7.4  will not open the compatible D800 NEF Raw files (Win7). D300 NEF files open OK.

I seem to remember seeing an article that stated i would have to uninstall and re-install CS6 Photoshop completely and re-install again. However I cannot find this article now.

If the above is true, having PS version CS4 with update CS5 & 6 installed, would i have to remove all PS versions.

Photoshop error message just states download latetest software version, which i have done with ACR 7.4 nd ACR 8 which did not open file either.

Adobe DNG runs OK but i would rather deal with the original file in ACR rather than adding an additional step with more files to keep track of.

Is there a way of uninstalling all versions of ACR, cleaning system and re-installing ACR, assuming the fault lies with ACR?

Anyone have any answers?

Malc

ANWER:-
      (Appologies for spelling errors but my keyboar hs just packed up). Now on  screen keyboard.

Half an hour after posting this query (In the wrong forum -  Downloading, Installing, Setting Up) I resolved the issue. The fault lies with Nikon Transfer.

Nikon Transfer corrupts the D800 NEF files. Apparently Nikon Transfer is well known for causing errors.

Drag & dropping the files direct from the cameras memory card onto your hard drive and everything works fine.

Nikon Transfer has now been assigned to the dust bin!