0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2013 10:02 AM by Malc 856485

Camera raw 7.4 will not open the D800 NEF Raw files. D300 NEF files open OK

Malc 856485

Camera raw 7.4  will not open the compatible D800 NEF Raw files (Win7). D300 NEF files open OK.

I seem to remember seeing an article that stated i would have to uninstall and re-install CS6 Photoshop completely and re-install again. However I cannot find this article now.

If the above is true, having PS version CS4 with update CS5 & 6 installed, would i have to remove all PS versions.

Photoshop error message just states download latetest software version, which i have done with ACR 7.4 nd ACR 8 which did not open file either.

Adobe DNG runs OK but i would rather deal with the original file in ACR rather than adding an additional step with more files to keep track of.

Is there a way of uninstalling all versions of ACR, cleaning system and re-installing ACR, assuming the fault lies with ACR?

Anyone have any answers?

Malc

ANWER:-
      (Appologies for spelling errors but my keyboar hs just packed up). Now on  screen keyboard.

Half an hour after posting this query (In the wrong forum -  Downloading, Installing, Setting Up) I resolved the issue. The fault lies with Nikon Transfer.

Nikon Transfer corrupts the D800 NEF files. Apparently Nikon Transfer is well known for causing errors.

Drag & dropping the files direct from the cameras memory card onto your hard drive and everything works fine.

Nikon Transfer has now been assigned to the dust bin!