Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nook HD tablet - adobe error for overdrive app

Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received an error message that I have too many devices associated with my ID and now it will not allow me to reset or start over with a new one.  What can I do to get this reset?  I have spent over 2 hours on the phone with different adobe reps who could not help me.  This is for a nook hd and I have to have the adobe in order to utilize the ereader when using the overdrive app and downloading books to my nook.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try live chat:   Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

They can reset all your registrations, then you must reregister what you need.

Some of the representatives haven't been properly trained and don't know what to do (and claim there is nothing they can do);

in that case the only way seems to be to ive up that chat and try another one hoping for a properly trained representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a quote from a chat I had with a representative: " Rep: Since it is a free software and we have an alternate way to resolve your issue,

Rep: In this case I will provide you with a forum link of the software where you can trouble shoot all your issues, " Clearly no assistance at all. But this is the advice I received from an OverDrive rep"  We appreciate you contacting Adobe first, and they are in fact the only ones who can fix this error, as we are unable to perform any maintenance or administration of Adobe IDs. Please visit the following website to contact Adobe so they can reset your ID: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

You can reach their chat support at the bottom of this page:
http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/digital-editions-requests-authorization-launch.html

Please note: we have found that as soon as you mention "OverDrive" that Adobe Support tends to insist that they're unable to help. We advise leaving the application out of it and simply tell them that you have run out of device activations on your Adobe ID (
E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS) and they need to reset your activation limit."

That worked. I'm back to being able to read my library books on my nook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We advise leaving the application out of it and simply tell them that you have run out of device activations on your Adobe ID (E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS) and they need to reset your activation limit.  Helpul extra information, thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines