6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2013 5:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Bringing media to timeline.

Forest Ranger Steve

All of a sudden I can no longer drag and drop a slide onto my timeline.   I tried to copy and paste but paste won't light up properly between clips on the time line.

Any help apreciated

Forest Ranger Steve

• 1. Re: Bringing media to timeline.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hi Forest Ranger Steve

First let me reference your prior thread on your Premiere Elements projects.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1244357?tstart=30

Last we discussed, you had

Windows Vista 64 bit

Premiere Elements 11

about 172 photos that you and friend were working on resizing because of the problems that you found to be directly related to them having too great a resolution.

What happened from then until "all of a sudden I can no longer drag and drop a slide onto my time"?

Where are you in the Premiere Elements project and how much is on that Timeline when you find yourself in this situation?

The preferred plan would have been to resize the photos not to exceed 1920 x 1080 or thereabouts, have them order in a folder on the computer hard drive, then import the whole folder (not individual photos) into Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folder to Project Assets from where you drag the folder icon for the imported folder to the Timeline. At the point, you end up with the 172 files OK sized in order on the Timeline (any folder represenation no longer in existance).

If you go to add photos to that arrangement, best to hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you click and drag from Projet Assets so that the Timeline tracks (both video and audio) do not get disturbed.

What is happening at this point when you click drag from Project Assets to Timeline?

Please review the above and update us on information from before until now.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Bringing media to timeline.
            Forest Ranger Steve Level 1

You have it right.  Nothing has changed.  We are resizing all the photo's monday so I wanted to make sure I had all the photo's on the time line and went to add one and can't seem to get it in.

It was a photo that was on the timeline but then dissapeared as I was syncronizing  the coordination between photo and narration.  So went to Organizer clicked on the photo and it drags nicely to the timeline, the red bar lights up mini phot is there then I release and the photo dissapears everytime.  Same thing happens with Expert.

I cannot drag and drop photo's to project assests either.  Assests only has a few photos in it and a few narrations.

Will try the alt hold down.

• 3. Re: Bringing media to timeline.

Alt didn't work either.  Steve

• 4. Re: Bringing media to timeline.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Forest Ranger Steve

The good news is that you can open a new Premiere Elements 11 project on your Windows 7 64 bit computer. From your other thread that I just responded to, I thought that you could not.

Until you get those photos resized, there is no rationale behind trying to get those photos (oversized) on the Timeline and into a workflow which has proven problematic with their use.

It was a photo that was on the timeline but then dissapeared as I was syncronizing  the coordination between photo and narration.

Did the narration remain after the photo disappeared? Where were you dragging on the photo when it disappeared? Were you dragging from right to left? If so, expand the Timeline with the -+ slideer, and see if you see anything of the photo as what looks like a small sliver. It could be that you dragged the photo in and shortened it duration from 5 seconds to a shorter duration that gives the impression that the photo is gone.

I am trying to work through what you wrote

So went to Organizer clicked on the photo and it drags nicely to the timeline, the red bar lights up mini phot is there then I release and the photo dissapears everytime.  Same thing happens with Expert.

I cannot figure that one out as written. If you had your photo in the Organizer, I can see you right clicking its thumbnail and selecting Edit with Premiere Elements to put it automatically at the end of your Timeline in the Premiere Elements workspace. Did you do that? It does not sound like that. Or are you cascading windows? And, with both the Organizer workspace and Premiere Elements workspace visable, clicking/dragging/dropping from Organizer workspace to Premiere Elements workspace Timeline Video 1?

Please review the above. If it comes to it, start a new project to see if it has the same problems.

Thanks. Do not give up.

ATR

• 5. Re: Bringing media to timeline.

Got it!  After trying the edit suggestions and getting an error message, I went to the file and resized the photo and it dragged and dropped just fine.   Teacher knows best!   Thanks for hanging in with me one more time.

Forest Ranger Steve

• 6. Re: Bringing media to timeline.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Forest Ranger Steve

Great great great news.

Keep up the good work.

ATR