1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2007 5:43 AM by Newsgroup_User

Gradient question

johngordon12 Level 1
      Just a quickie to check the easiest way to add a fade gradient to an image in fireworks. What I usually do is drop an image in, and then have to create a rectangle over it, apply the gradient to the rectangle, and group as mask... (or something along those lines, but I usually have to play around to remind myself exactly how to do it.)

Just having a look at the In Design trial, and noticed the gradient swatch tool, which allows you to simply apply the fade gradient directly to the image by placing a line over the image.

Hope that makes sense - my question really is can that In Design method be used in FW?

Cheers.
        • 1. Re: Gradient question
          Level 7
          Iain71 wrote:
          > Just a quickie to check the easiest way to add a fade gradient to an image in
          > fireworks. What I usually do is drop an image in, and then have to create a
          > rectangle over it, apply the gradient to the rectangle, and group as mask...
          > (or something along those lines, but I usually have to play around to remind
          > myself exactly how to do it.)
          >
          > Just having a look at the In Design trial, and noticed the gradient swatch
          > tool, which allows you to simply apply the fade gradient directly to the image
          > by placing a line over the image.
          >
          > Hope that makes sense - my question really is can that In Design method be
          > used in FW?
          >
          > Cheers.
          >

Iain71,

Commands\Creative\Fade Image

It will give you 8 choices.

SKB