1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2013 6:56 AM by Steve Werner

Where can I find a patch for Indesign and Acrobat cs6 for mac retina display?

gabbster151

I have found the patch for screen resolution for photoshop, but the illustrator patch says it is not compatible and I cannot locate one for in-design (my primary program) or Acrobat. There must be a patch, right? Or else whats the point of it?

• 1. Re: Where can I find a patch for Indesign and Acrobat cs6 for mac retina display?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The patch is upgrading to InDesign CC, which requires an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. Sorry.

There is no Acrobat CS6. The last version is Acrobat XI which was created too late to include support for Retina Display. It will probably be in the next version of Acrobat.

Creating "patches" for Retina Display are much more engineering intensive than you would expect. In the case of InDesign, it had to be completed in the context of moving to becoming a 64 bit application and moving application development from Carbon to Cocoa (a required move on the Mac accomplished finally in InDesign CC).