6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 9:15 AM by Rick Gerard

Scrolling problem

5,jr67 jy5d ,

OKay I've tried looking up things other people did and other tutorials but i could never figure it out. I'm trying to make an Animation where a backround image scrools and loops. Simple enough right? But the problem is that before that i want it to Be still for a second or two, then slowly transition to the speed that it's suposed to be normaly. For the life of me i can't figue out how to do the latter. I use autoScroll horazontal and it keeps doing the opisite of what i want, going beyond the normal speed till it reaches the keyframe 100% speed. Any Advice that could be given on how to fix this would be apricated. I use CS6 After Effects

Forgive my lazy grammer.

• 1. Re: Scrolling problem
          5,jr67 jy5d , Level 1

I'm going to be leaving to a camp soon and will be away for a while, not just that but this has been preventing me from making a video in after effects  for the longist time now.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Scrolling problem
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

No offense, but you are not just lazy on grammar. Any basic tutorial on keyframing or a more specific one on time-remapping can tell you what you need to know, so put the mighty Google to good use.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Scrolling problem
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Mylenium is right, this is basic keyframing stuff. Look into using the graph editor for your keyframe velocity. And, since it sounds like you're missing a lot of the AE basics, it would be a great idea to start here.

• 4. Re: Scrolling problem
                5,jr67 jy5d , Level 1

Offense taken, I'll have you know that i looked for a long time and found nothing effective. I'm trying to make static image scroll scross the screen, which i can do fine, but before that I have to have it be still and then slowly tranistion to the normal scrolling speed of 100%m there's where the touble starts.   I've looked at a lot of turotials and that all didn't help with what i'm trying to do. Even now i'm looking for something to try and slove this.

Please, I'd apricate being told what is wrong insead of geting a wisecrack answer. If I could have easily solved my propblem with google I wouldn't have wasted my time posting this question here.Sorry if I sound terse, I was just expecting a better answer then "figure it out yourself" to put it lightly.

• 5. Re: Scrolling problem
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

5,jr67 jy5d , wrote:

Please, I'd apricate being told what is wrong insead of geting a wisecrack answer. If I could have easily solved my propblem with google I wouldn't have wasted my time posting this question here.Sorry if I sound terse, I was just expecting a better answer then "figure it out yourself" to put it lightly.

I did tell you what to do to fix your problem. I told you to use the graph editor. This page covers the basic animation tools you need to do what you're asking for. It explains the basic concepts, explains the graph editor, and even has links to useful tutorials. And please, once you've finished this project, go through the link I gave you in my first post. It should help relieve a lot of the frustration you're experiencing with After Effects.

• 6. Re: Scrolling problem
                    Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Auto scroll is a preset that uses expressions, you cannot keyframe the speed of the scroll and have it behave as you want because the expressions do not support that kind of feature. It's a limitation of the expression and the way AE treats the values. You'll have to set your own keyframes. It's is not hard to set keyframes and adjust the in and out easing. That's the basic stuff we were talking about.

1 person found this helpful