7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 5:04 AM by csm_phil

It's is possible in non printing lines creation.

csm_phil Level 4

Hi Developers,

I need your help to create the illusion line of my fig citation to figure caption. I was seen one demo in Typefi plug-in they developed to x-ref to figure caption lines automatically. If I moved the images the lines is automatically grow or short. If I preview the document the lines are disappeared like threaded textframe lines and anchored lines.

I want to create same like this type of threated text frame lines or anchored text frame lines. It is possible in javascript. I don't know plug-ins development at present.

See the Anchored text frame dotted lines is shown in normal mode. If it's in preview mode the lines is disappeared. I need this type of line my black rule.

Untitled.png

Please guide me.

thx,

csm_phil.

• 1. Re: It's is possible in non printing lines creation.
          Jump_Over Level 5

Hi,

Just an idea:

define a hyperlink where:

source is a word somewhere in text

destination is a 1st word in a some caption

assumed: both placed on the same spread

so:

var mDoc = app.activeDocument,
               mPage = mDoc.hyperlinks[0].source.sourceText.parentTextFrames[0].parentPage,
               x = mDoc.hyperlinks[0].source.sourceText.endHorizontalOffset,
               y = mDoc.hyperlinks[0].source.sourceText.baseline,
               X = mDoc.hyperlinks[0].destination.destinationText.horizontalOffset,
               Y = mDoc.hyperlinks[0].destination.destinationText.baseline,
               mLine = mPage.graphicLines.add({geometricBounds: [y,x,Y,X]});

you could place this line on a layer with .printable property set to false so it should disappear when preview is switched on/off.

Jarek

• 2. Re: It's is possible in non printing lines creation.
            [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

Jarek,

(1) all pageitem descendants have a property 'nonprinting', which mirrors the UI setting "Nonprinting" in the Attributes panel. This will do what csm wants:

> If I preview the document the lines are disappeared like threaded textframe lines and anchored lines.

(2) There is no way in scripting to do this:

> If I moved the images the lines is automatically grow or short.

-- that needs a plugin.

• 3. Re: It's is possible in non printing lines creation.
              csm_phil Level 4

Hi Jarek & Jongware,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please help to guide how to create the plug-ins. I want learn for plug-ins development. So there is no way to do in java script. So many thing not achieve in javascript only we go to do in plug-ins. I don't know why some things are restricted in javascript?

Any way thanks for your support.

thx,

csm_phil

• 4. Re: It's is possible in non printing lines creation.
                Caleb Clauset

Any reason to not just use Typefi Publish for composing these documents?

• 5. Re: It's is possible in non printing lines creation.
                  csm_phil Level 4

Hi Caleb,

The purpose is my book have lots of images so the compositor move the images he know the link of the ciation texts where its appeared in the document thats all. Do you have any idea about my request.

thx,

csm_phil.

• 6. Re: It's is possible in non printing lines creation.
                    Caleb Clauset Level 1

Given that I'm the PM for Typefi Publish I know how we do it. But suffice to say that I'm not keen on helping you attempt to copy features from our product.

• 7. Re: It's is possible in non printing lines creation.
                      csm_phil Level 4

Dear Caleb,

I am not copy your feature of typefi product, I was already created the lines for my note text indicator to pasteboared of the note text source like as comment pdf line marks, My question is anyway to grow the lines automatically and not printable object I want to create the line is invisible character like as threaded textframe links. You don't share your product ideas. I use the method of comment pdf ideas but the line is user select and delete options. I want invisible line marks. I don't have plug-ins knowledge.

thx,

csm_phil.