what's not working in the pineapple swf?
If you saw the one on the webpage, the phone number across the bottom disappeared, and clicking on individual images would bring up certain URL's... Most of the first five just go to the website, but the last six all link to different pages on the rossales.com site, specific to the type of plant displayed. The phone number was in the same text, displayed across the bottom, and it's the first layer after the actions layer in the file.
When I hit Ctrl-Enter here the file works perfectly. But so far every attempt to export/publish/etc. I can't get the links to work. The bit with the tel number disappearing is beyond me...
Edit: here's a link to the file and the exported swf:
See if you can see what the issue is... Like I say it's been awhile and I'm rusty on ActionScript....
for your text problem, embed your font.
for your getURL or navigateToURL, what is a url that's not working as you expect?
The URL issue:
To review, when I test it here it works like I expect.
When I publish the swf, even locally I can't get any of the URLs to work. (I didn't try this before sending off the the file - customer was a little anxious)
The uploaded file that is on the website now only links to the website's main page. If you look at the action script, the last 6 images each have a link to a different page, one that is specific to the product in the photo.
When I hit Ctrl-Enter, the window that opens works perfect. I have the action script set to embed the script into the swf file ,and I'm wondering if this might be the reason the links won't work.
I suspect the website still links to our main site because the gif that was originally there was set to that link, and they may not have changed it...
BTW, thank you for taking the time to help me with this...
1 person found this helpful
when testing locally you run into cross-domain security issues unless you specifically obviate them: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.htm l
when you upload to a server, you won't have those security issues (at least, not with getURL and navigateToURL). any uploaded swf that have a getURL/navigateToURL issue, may be running up against a popup blocker or has a relative path issue.
I'll send this info to the ad company. As it is, I embedded the font into the file, but they sent me a screen capture this morning showing the file once again without the phone number, which is the second layer that runs across all frames. It's almost like the top two layers are getting cut off by THEIR equipment, but its my understanding you cannot edit swf files... or can you?
I may have solved part of this, though I don't understand the solution.
I reasoned that maybe the action script needed to be right on top of the layers it was affecting, so I moved the telephone number up one layer to the top, and viola! the published swf now functions perfectly, here on my system. Why is the mystery, but at least it's working...
However, when I sent it to the ad company, they say they still cannot see the telephone number layer... Now she tells me her graphic person is looking at it... kglad, I think you're onto something with the server, and I really hate to say this, but it's out of my hands...
Thanks for your help, if they solve their problem I'll be sure to post it so others may know...