3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2006 9:16 PM by escargo

Graphic Behind Text

escargo Level 1
      This may be the most obvious question, but I need help understanding how I can output a finished page design in Fireworks and export it correctly for Dreamweaver import.I have text that sits on artwork. Instead of having it output as just an image with image maps, I want the background behind the text to be an image file and I want the text to be in HTML text over it so I can edit it in Dreamweaver. How do you do this? I've opened Dreamweaver templates from other sources and I can't figure out how it is done. I also need to create a drop-down list menu on a menu bar and I want to have it sitting on top of an image.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Graphic Behind Text
          Level 7
          Use the image as a background in your Dreamweaver. You can then do what
          you want.

alex

escargo wrote:
          > This may be the most obvious question, but I need help understanding how I can
          > output a finished page design in Fireworks and export it correctly for
          > Dreamweaver import.I have text that sits on artwork. Instead of having it
          > output as just an image with image maps, I want the background behind the text
          > to be an image file and I want the text to be in HTML text over it so I can
          > edit it in Dreamweaver. How do you do this? I've opened Dreamweaver templates
          > from other sources and I can't figure out how it is done. I also need to create
          > a drop-down list menu on a menu bar and I want to have it sitting on top of an
          > image.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          • 2. Re: Graphic Behind Text
            escargo Level 1
            Alex, thanks I checked the Page Properties in Dreameweaver and no background image is in It is actually an image and HTML text is overlayed in Dreamweaver. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
            • 3. Re: Graphic Behind Text
              escargo Level 1
              I think I see now what you are saying regarding the BG image field in Dreamweaver. So help me understand how to export the image correctly to get only the image backdrop to come over into Dreamweaver and have it be so that I can begin creating text on top of it. When I created the design, I have the text on a layer in Fireworks. I am thinking that I must turn that layer off when I go to export becuase it will end up in the background image for that slice. Correct? Then, how do I switch this over to an HTML text element in Dreamweaver and begin laying text on top of it? Thank for your help.