• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating .chm from Robohelp for Word, but none of my Help Documents are Showing?!

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2007 Oct 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum (and to Robohelp), and have been spending the last few days being frustrated by what I'm sure is an easy fix but I can't seem to find the answer to.

I've created a pretty simple help file in Robohelp for Word, and all I want to do compile it using Microsoft HTML Help into a .CHM file and distribute the whole deal. Pretty simple, right? Except when I test the chm on another computer:

- The Help browser shows
- My TOC shows

... but none of my actual Help documents show. Instead, it tells me that it cannot display the webpage. Where are the files I need to distribute with it going, if not to the folder I wanted it to compile to? What am I missing?

Thank you so much for you help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I'll bet you are putting that CHM on a network drive and then testing it?

Put it on the local drive of another machine and now it works OK?

Take a look under Authoring on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
THANK YOU!!! I checked out your site and it solved the issue... yep, we were trying to access it off the network drive.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp