2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2007 10:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

Not sure where to ask this

camfieldaj Level 1
      Using FB for Linux Alpha; previous projects developed using free SDK. That's to let you know my experience level with Flex. Have to have login page for app, was testing TextInput displayAsPassword. No errors on compile, but text was still readable. Added import mx.controls.TextInput to <![CDATA[ and input box started working as expected. I've skimmed through O'Reilly Programming Flex, but I don't recall seeing info on when you have to explicitly import a package to get a feature to work. Thanks for porting this to Linux. When we get a little further along, it will be THE rocket ship of cool.
        • 1. Re: Not sure where to ask this
          joan_lafferty Adobe Employee
          What does your code look like? This works just fine for me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
          <mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute">
          <mx:TextInput displayAsPassword="true" />
          </mx:Application>

Joan Lafferty
          Flex Framework QA
          • 2. Re: Not sure where to ask this
            Level 7
            camfieldaj wrote:
            > Using FB for Linux Alpha; previous projects developed using free SDK. That's to
            > let you know my experience level with Flex. Have to have login page for app,
            > was testing TextInput displayAsPassword. No errors on compile, but text was
            > still readable. Added import mx.controls.TextInput to <![CDATA[ and input box
            > started working as expected. I've skimmed through O'Reilly Programming Flex,
            > but I don't recall seeing info on when you have to explicitly import a package
            > to get a feature to work. Thanks for porting this to Linux. When we get a
            > little further along, it will be THE rocket ship of cool.
            >
            >
            Can you check which SDK is configured for compiling in the flex
            builder... You can find it in the Project Properties...
            Also, you will find latest SDK bundled with the installed SDK in this
            locatoin
            $INSTALL_LOCATION/sdks/3.0.0/

You can also try to clean your project and rebuild and verify the same...