Interesting. I hadn't realised that the Info panel held that information. For anyone else who takes a look-see, you can just about see the tiny drop-down next to the cross to the left of the panel, where you can set units.
I do not see what either of you are writing. What I see is the bounds of the active select marching ants. In this screen capture layer 2 has a 10PX by 10PX black square so 100PX. I use the lasso to to select all the pixels in that layer black 10x10PX square. I was not careful just wanted to get the all. The info panel shows the bounds of my ruff selection to be 105 PX wide and 133 PX high. I see nothing to indicate the there are 100 px selected and nothing about any feathering.But then I don't have CC. For some reason insert image is not working for me???
Its working from IE now not Chrome??
Are we at cross purposes JJ? This image file is 1500 x 1000 pixels, and has 50% guides. If you expand it, you can see the top left quadrant is selected, and the Info panel shows 750 x 500. I have activated the drop down for clarification sake, which is a wee bit ironic as it has obscured the fact that the area under the drop down shows the XY cursor coordinates. 'twas only the selection size information that I was not aware of. It's exactly the same in CC and CS6
Why limit yourself to rectangle.
Photo Collage ToolkitUPDATED April 30, 2013 Added border option to PasteImageRoll.
Photoshop scripting is powerful and I believe this package demonstrates this.
The package includes four simple rules to follow when making Photo Collage Template PSD files so they will be compatible with my Photoshop scripts.
There are eleven scripts in this package they provide the following functions:
- TestCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to test a Photo Collage Template while you are making it with Photoshop.
- CollageTemplateBuilder.jsx - Can build Templates compatible with this toolkit's scripts.
- LayerToAlphaChan.jsx - Used to convert a Prototype Image Layer stack into a template document.
- InteractivePopulateCollage.jsx - Used to interactively populate Any Photo Collage template. Offers most user control inserting pictures and text.
- ReplaceCollageImage.jsx - use to replace a populated collage image Smart Object layer with an other image correctly resized and positioned.
- ChangeTextSize.jsx - This script can be used to change Image stamps text size when the size used by the populating did not work well.
- PopulateCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
- BatchOneImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Collage templates that only have one image inserted. The Collage or Image may be stamped with text.
- BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with images in a source image folder. Easier to use than the interactive script. Saved collages can be tweaked.
- BatchPicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder
- PasteImageRoll.jsx - Paste Images into a document to be print on roll paper.