3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 9:05 AM by A.T. Romano

APE 11 - Burning a DVD crashes at 99%

Phil.com Level 1

APE 11

Burning a DVD crashes at 99% with this error message: internal software error %0, line %1. The program worked fine yesterday on this project.  I have closed and opened the program. I have rebooted. Still I am on my fourtn try and it crashes and destroying the DVD in the drive. I also ran two brands of DVDs.

Running Vista.

How do I get the program producing program DVDs again?

Thank you.

Cheers! Phil

• 1. Re: APE 11 - Burning a DVD crashes at 99%
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Set your DVD output to a folder on your hard drive and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

• 2. Re: APE 11 - Burning a DVD crashes at 99%
            Phil.com Level 1

Writing the program to a file first worked.

This is covered in the book The Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premier Elements 11 by Steve Grisetti, who spends a lot of time in this forum helping us with our problems. It seems to be a common problem.

I will look into the software mentioned above which may simplify the task.

Thanks.

Cheers and Piece! Phil

• 3. Re: APE 11 - Burning a DVD crashes at 99%
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

If you do decide to go the burn to folder/ImgBurn route, the following "ImgBurn + VIDEO_TS Folder from Premiere Elements' burn to folder" how to can be found:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

As for your burn to disc...

I do not recall your computer operating system, but assuming Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, if you have not already, try flushing the preferences.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Make sure that you have Folder Options "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" active so that you can see the whole path. If that does not work, try deleting the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

When you are in the burn dialog of this problematic burn to disc project, what does the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate?

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR