5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 8:27 AM by ranielse

Starting on second photo

ozlee18

I finished editing my first photo on my Mac OSX 10.7.5 , saved it in 2 formats both photoshop and JPEG and then wanted to start work on a second photo but I could not remove the first photo from the working pane. I tried clicking on the cross in the upper left corner but that did not close it and I tried to drag the first photo out and when that failed I tried to drag a  second photo in but that did not work either. How can I complete the work on one photo and then start the work on another?

• 1. Re: Starting on second photo
          ranielse Adobe Employee

@ozlee18,

I'm not exactly sure, but there are a few possibilities:

1) After you placed the logo, did you click the check mark in the top bar to finish? (That happens to me a lot, but I'm guessing that is not your issue, as you were able to save.)

2) I you are done editing the first photo, you can close it by clicking the x in the tab that displays at the top (similar to browser tabs)  or by selecting File > Close from the menu bar

Let me know if this helps,

Randy Nielsen

Product Integration Manager, Creative Cloud Learning & Training

Adobe

• 2. Re: Starting on second photo
            ozlee18 Level 1

I can't see a check mark in the top bar.

If I click on the x in the left hand corner it closes the whole box.  I just wanted to replace the photo with a new one. Is it possible to just remove a finished photo and replace it with the next one to be adjusted?

Thank you

• 3. Re: Starting on second photo
              ranielse Adobe Employee

If you are working with multiple photos, just open each one individually in Photoshop (File>Open); they will show up in separate tabs at the top (similar to what you see in a browser)

HTH,

Randy Nielsen

Product Integration Manager, Creative Cloud Learning & Training

Adobe

• 4. Re: Starting on second photo
                ozlee18 Level 1

Thank you - that's great.Worked perfectly.  Now I have a new problem! When I opened a new file and inserted a new photo it came up with a cross across the photo with little boxes around t edges that allow me to widen , lengthen etc but first it wouldn't allow me to click on 'curves' to adjust the lighting.The second time I tried reloading the photo on a new file , all the options like 'curves'  disappeared completely.  How do I get out of the setting it is on to use the other options? How do I get the options like 'curves' to reappear?

• 5. Re: Starting on second photo
                  ranielse Adobe Employee

When you see the big X across the photo, just resize it and then click the Check mark in the toolbar.

HTH,

Randy