5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 1:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Adding space/time between images?

finnandme Level 1

I'm trying to create some text that syncs with music, (karaoke like) but how do I sync the words and music?

I've created the text into a png squenced group of images.

• 1. Re: Adding space/time between images?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

finnandme

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

My first impression is that you have the visual aspects of the Timeline in muliple png files (stationary text).

Consider then...

Png file corresponding to appropriate section of music (audio or Soundtrack) on Video 1

Set duration of the png file to match the music segment

Add the next png file and so on.

Experiment with the appropriate video transitions between the png files.

Please review and let us know where you might have problems with that plan which goes to what I think you are describing.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adding space/time between images?
            finnandme Level 1

Hi,

I'm using PE11 on a Mac.

I created the text file in videoscibe and created a folder containing a sequence of  multiple PNG images of the text.. So as this run,  it looks as if the word are being written on the screen.

However, the words don't sync with the music, so I  need to be able to locate and move the images to be in line with the words as sung.. Finding the location is easy, just a matter of moving the playhead, but then moving the rest of the images to the right, I can't do?

I thought I could cut at the given point and move everything else, or add a space between at the point of the cut?

Hope you can help, or if you have a better idea for doing this words to music sync thing? Trying to make karaoke song type files for the kids at school which I can run on the whiteboard. Thought It wouldn't be too hard and would save money?!

Hope you can help?

Richard

• 3. Re: Adding space/time between images?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

finnandme

I went to the VideoScribe site to read its details. What you are getting appears to be an animated png video, with a hand with pencil/pen in hand writing out the text. The hand has motion. Apparently all that will be involved for you will be Video 1 with segments of this animated png appropriately placed over music on Audio 1 or the Soundtrack.

If you have not already, please take a look at cutting the animated png into sections that can be place over the wanted portions of the music. Use the mouse cursor to alter the duration of each png for its fit to music.

When you have still images, increasing or decreasing the duration will not affect what you see, there is no motion involved.

But when you have motion in a clip, increasing its duration makes it run slower (slow motion) and decreasing its duration makes it run faster (fast motion). See what happens in your particular situation.

We can discuss alternatives depending on your results...one example, rolling titles created in Premiere Elements.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adding space/time between images?
                finnandme Level 1

Hi again,

Yes as say the sequence of png images acts like a flick book or film slides, but there are 30fps! Trying to change the duration of each one would be a mamoth task. I have tried selecting a group of images and changing dureation, but option to change time doesn't become available, like it does with individual image?!

I'll try cutting text pngs and moving these to another video track over audio, but I will still need to adjust some of the timing/duration of these groups to fit the songs?

• 5. Re: Adding space/time between images?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

finnandme

I have been thinking about this some more and trying a few workarounds.

Right now I see this as being done with separate text files for each part of the song and using keyframing to start, pause, and restart a set of lyrics for the next and next parts. Probably the text files are better done in the Premiere Elements Titler as Default Still type to which keyframing of position is done.

I do not have one of those animated png files that you are using for the lyrics, with all the sets of lyrics grouped into one file and expecting to fit lyrics text and vocals. You can try cutting the video into separate clips and seeing if you can what you can salvage without fast motion, slow motion, or other unwanted effects as a consequence of Time Stretching video files such as these animated png files.

Please let us know how you are progressing.

Thanks.

ATR