7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 3:08 PM by rduane

Close application error

anjemalo Level 1

Hello:

I have a projector that launch the principal movie and  two movies DXR (without MIAWs calling). One is in english and the other is the same in spanish, the problem is that when i go to one or other sometimes crash the application.

Is there any way to know what is the error and how to fix this?

many thanks

• 1. Re: Close application error
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

When you say "crash the application" do you mean there is a Director error message posted or a Windows message? Either way, can you take a screen shot and post it here?

• 2. Re: Close application error
            anjemalo Level 1

The error is in Director:

"A fatal error has ocurred Director will quit now"

The error happens sometimes when I try to make the .exe, other times when I change to other movie...

But don't make always

many thanks

• 3. Re: Close application error

The only way I can think of to diagnose this is to open a message window at run time and put statements into it. The error will then occur between the last put statement executed and the next expected one. This should help you narrow it down incrementally.

• 4. Re: Close application error
                anjemalo Level 1

the crash does not happens always but sometimes.

I don't understand you how to do this.Can you give me an example please?

many thanks

• 5. Re: Close application error

In your code you add 'put' statements:

on prepareMovie
                    -- code here
                    put #prepareMovie, _movie.name
                  end

on stopMovie
                    -- other code
                    put #stopMovie, _movie.name
                  end

When you run your projector, open a message window with it (Windows only). The easiest way to to this is to create a plain text file named "lingo.ini" and place it alongside the projector with the following code in it:

on startup
                    _player.debugPlaybackEnabled = 1
                  end

Now run your projector and walk through your movie/s. Note what is output into the message window - perhaps you might copy-and-paste it into a file for future reference. You want to run your projector a few times, once with no crash so you know what to expect in the message window and another time when it crashes so that you can see the last line output. The error, if it is code related, is therefore somewhere between the PUT statement in your code that created the last message output and the next PUT statement that you would have expected to see (by referring back to your output with no crash).

• 6. Re: Close application error
                    anjemalo Level 1

Hello:

I have found the problem with Sound Control.x32

When I play a sound and after that I open a new movie .dxr Director crashes.

I use sound(1).stop() but I can not solve this.

please, Can you tell me how to fix this?

many thanks

• 7. Re: Close application error
                      rduane Level 1

So, if you don't start the sound playing at all (comment that line out), you can jump to the new movie without crashing?  Is the sound an external sound file?  Perhaps Director is having trouble reading the sound file and a new dxr at th same time???