4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 12:40 PM by Peter Spier

Any Suggestions for opening .p65 files in InDesign CC....

fyfesa1970

Ask a simple question and get a simple answer...see below...hilarious:

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 1 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Laldinmawii'

Laldinmawii: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Laldinmawii: Hi Sean.

Sean: Hi....I am having difficulty opening .p65 files in InDesign CC....I get an error message

Laldinmawii: Could you please elaborate your issue so that I can assist you better?

Laldinmawii: Okay, thank you for the information.

Sean: The error says that the file format is not supported but everything I see in the literature says it should work.

Laldinmawii: May I please have the order number of the product?

Sean: I just downloaded the trial version...evaluating the product. 

Laldinmawii: Please allow me 2-3 minutes while I check the information for you.

Sean: The error message also states I could be missing a plug-in....

Laldinmawii: Thank you for staying online.

Laldinmawii: I will provide you our forum link, please click on the link.

Sean: Laldinmawii.....I do not see a forum link....

Laldinmawii: I am sorry to say this since Adobe Reader is a free software,there is no live chat support for free software, so please go through the forum link to resolve the issue.

Laldinmawii: Please click here.

Sean: I am discussing InDesign not Adobe Reader...

Laldinmawii: Please click on the link provided above.

Sean: I already visited the forum for help with no luck....

Laldinmawii: I am sorry to say this since Adobe Reader is a free software,there is no live chat support for free software, so please go through the forum link to resolve the issue.

Sean: There were no results for "can you open .p65 files in InDesign CC"....this has to be a problem that has been addressed already by someone who has purchased the software.

Sean: Laldinmawii....do you mean there is no free support for trail versions of the software?  Your previous message is confusing as you mention Adobe Reader.

Laldinmawii: I am sorry to say this since Indesign is a free software,there is no live chat support for free software, so please go through the forum link to resolve the issue.

Sean: I guess I will not be purchasing InDesign as I have no way of determining if it can open the files I need it to....

Sean: Is there someone else on your end who can assist me with this?

Laldinmawii: Please allow me a moment while I check the information for you.

Laldinmawii: Sean, please go through the above forum link since we will not be having information on trail version.

Laldinmawii: Do you have any more questions for me apart from this?

Sean: Wow....nice service....can you at least tell me if the version I pay for can open p65 files and also why the trial version cannot open them?

Laldinmawii: Sean, would you like to know about the cost and purchase details for the software?

Sean: I know how much it costs....trying to determine if it will even work for me.  At this point it appears it does not.

Laldinmawii: Okay, in this case case I will transfer this chat to our sales team, they will assist you with this, is that  okay for you?

Sean: Yes...Thanks!

Laldinmawii: Please do stay online while I transfer the chat.

Please wait while I transfer you to an operator at Adobe Sales.

You are now chatting with 'Aniston' at Adobe Sales.

Aniston: Hi, may I have your first name please?

Sean: Sean

Aniston: Hi Sean

Aniston: How can I help you?

Sean: Please see above for details....

Aniston: Okay

Sean: Any suggestions?

Aniston: I am afraid this is technical issue

Aniston: Now you are chatting with adobe sales team.

Aniston: I'd recommend you to call our Technical Support Team on 1-800-642-3623 for more help on this. Available Monday�Friday, 5am�7pm PST.

Sean: Yes...your technician Laldinmawii was most helpful...Thanks!

Aniston: I apologize I am unable to help you.

Aniston: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Sean: Yes...can you remove my contact information from your marketing material?

Aniston: I wish I could help you with that. Since we are from the online sales team we don�t have access to your account information.

Aniston: However, I can transfer this chat to our Customer Service and they will help you with this.okay?

Aniston: I am sorry, did I lose you?

Sean: No please do so....

Please wait while I transfer you to an operator at Adobe Service.

You are now chatting with 'Aswin' at Adobe Service.

Aswin: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Sean: Please see above...

Aswin: Hi Sean,How are you doing today?

Sean: Please see above....

Aswin: I understand that you would like to remove the contact information from your Adobe account. Am I correct?

Sean: Yes please

Aswin: Thank you for the confirming.

Aswin: I will be glad to check and help you with this issue.

Sean: just the address....the email address will be okay

Aswin: Sean, there is no address provided in your Adobe account.

Aswin: I see only the email Id in the account.

Sean: Very good thank you....

Aswin: You are most welcomed.

Aswin: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Sean: I must say this chat experience has been very unfavorable...perhaps you can forward this along...Nothing else...have a nice day.

• 2. Re: Any Suggestions for opening .p65 files in InDesign CC....
          peter minneapolis Level 4

fyfesa1970 wrote:

Ask a simple question and get a simple answer...see below...hilarious:

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 1 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

We all can learn from this. Whenever you get stuck in a customer-service situation that goes nowhere, as soon as you become aware of the futility, get the name and employee ID of the person, then say, "I don't mean to be rude, I think we're both wasting our time. Perhaps you weren't trained for this issue, or perhaps your system isn't displaying the correct information. It doesn't matter, because I'm not getting proper customer support this way. Please ESCALATE this to your highest-level manager IMMEDIATELY. If that person isn't availabe, ESCALATE me to that person's highest-level manager. If you haven't been given the proper training, you can use this to inform your manager that you need the training. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it. I have copied and saved this chat session. NOW PLEASE ESCALATE THIS CASE AS I HAVE REQUESTED ABOVE. I'm waiting now... "

The point is that you're a customer, and the company needs customers, so the individual who's failing to deliver good service needs to be identified so they can be properly trained, and so that problems in the system can also be identified, but more important is that you get the service you're entitled to.

If you search the forum for similar questions, you'll see the kind of information that the volunteer users like yourself on the forum need to know about your system and files involved, so they can help you better.

Good luck.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

• 3. Re: Any Suggestions for opening .p65 files in InDesign CC....
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

So, at this point, now that you are talking to actual users of InDesign, is there anything we might be able to help with? Are you still trying to get CC to open a .p65 file? I don't have CC installed here, but as far as I know it should work.

If you can describe the steps you've tried to openthe file, and give us the exact error message, maybe we can figure it out. Also, what is your OS? Have you applied any patches to ID, particulalrly the ones at Crash | Launch, selecting Type tool which probably have nothing to do with the problem, but nonetheless are very important.

• 4. Re: Any Suggestions for opening .p65 files in InDesign CC....
              fyfesa1970 Level 1

Peter....I gave up trying to open .p65 files in InDesign CC.  I just downloaded a trial of Pagemaker 7.0 and I am opening the .p65 files in that and saving them up.  From there I will try again with InDesign CC.  If I have any luck going that direction I will update.  Thanks!