4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 2:24 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I simply remove a piece of a clip?

BobScoop

I'm new to Premiere.  I was accidently able to do this once but can't repeat.

Tutorials are not helpful to me for this simple task.  I think it has to do with cutting the clip into 2 pieces near where one wants to do the remove.

But I can't even figure out that simple task.

• 1. Re: How do I simply remove a piece of a clip?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

BobScoop

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

With that information, I will give you the specifics for each of two possibilities...

a. cut the video on the Timeline using the Split Clip (Scissors) Tool

or

b. from the media area, bring up the Preview Window with the SetIn SetOut points, and trim (split) the video.

The following is an Adobe Tech document which  gives it point of view on this in Premiere Elements 11.

We will watch for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I simply remove a piece of a clip?
            BobScoop Level 1

Using Premiere 11.  Windows 7 Professional.  Can't find the Split Clip (Scissors) Tool although I remember finding it somehow the one time that I was successful.  Thanks for responding.

• 3. Re: How do I simply remove a piece of a clip?
              BobScoop Level 1

Aha.  Have found the split clip command under timeline and think I have accomplished my cut.

Thanks so much for the tip.

• 4. Re: How do I simply remove a piece of a clip?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

BobScoop

Glad that worked for you.

For your Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit....

In the Expert view, at the Timeline level, there is the Scissors tab in the middle of the Timeline Indicator stem for your use to cut the clip that you have highlighted.

And, in both the Expert view and Quick view, is Timeline Menu/Split Clip choice which has the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+K (Windows).

That keyboard shortcut can be used from the Expert or Quick view.

Thanks for asking.

ATR