2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 7:57 PM by damianriddell

Premiere Pro CC = Constant Crashing

damianriddell

I was handed a Premiere CC project from another editor and It's become a huge headache: constantly crashing between my work system & home system). Normally it happens once an hour or so, but we finally got a picture lock and I've been attempting to export an AAF or OMF to send to the audio house and premiere crashes everytime. I remember this also happened when CS6 came out and was fixed in the first update. I've tried calling Adobe's help line and was told technical support was closed on the weekend. It's now Monday and I called and was on hold for an hour and eventually hung up.

I'm running:

OSX 10.8.3

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

12 GBs RAM

Premiere Pro 7.0.1

All the footage is ProRes 720p 29.97

Any ideas or help?

-----------------

Process:         Adobe Premiere Pro CC [443]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC/Adobe Premiere Pro CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Identifier:      com.adobe.AdobePremierePro

Version:         7.0.1 (7.0.1)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [205]

User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2013-07-23 18:29:46.941 -0400

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Report Version:  10

Interval Since Last Report:          68122 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           7

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  115027 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   7

Anonymous UUID:                      9F9A5444-C06F-FF02-4029-462F944388BD

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

abort() called

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib                  0x00007fff8a805212 __pthread_kill + 10

1   libsystem_c.dylib                       0x00007fff94e44b54 pthread_kill + 90

2   libsystem_c.dylib                       0x00007fff94e88e9e __abort + 159

3   libsystem_c.dylib                       0x00007fff94e88dff abort + 192

4   com.adobe.Frontend.framework            0x0000000100067f9a FE::ApplicationErrorManager::ThrowError(dvacore::config::ErrorLevel, char const*, unsigned int, int, bool, dvacore::config::ReplacementValue const&, dvacore::config::ReplacementValue const&, dvacore::config::ReplacementValue const&, dvacore::config::ReplacementValue const&) const + 202

5   com.adobe.dvacore.framework             0x00000001002af672 dvacore::config::ThrowError(dvacore::config::ErrorLevel, char const*, unsigned int, int, bool, dvacore::config::ReplacementValue const&, dvacore::config::ReplacementValue const&, dvacore::config::ReplacementValue const&, dvacore::config::ReplacementValue const&) + 226

6   com.adobe.Backend.framework             0x00000001018849c8

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CC = Constant Crashing
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi damianriddell,

Sorry you are having trouble. First of all, this forum is not the place to post a crash log. Most of the people in the forums are users and cannot read crash reports, so I truncated it (most problems are revealed at the beginning of the report anyway). You can attach them to a bug report, however.

So your project ran fine in your friend's computer but not yours? Can you do a find in your system for Soundflower? Any other third party hardware drivers installed? If so, remove anything related to Soundflower or the drivers. These items have been known to cause problems with Premiere Pro CC in some cases.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro CC = Constant Crashing
            damianriddell Level 1

Thanks for responding Kevin. No, this is a project that came from a seperate post facility. Normally I would have used CS6 (since CC is relatively new) or FCP, but they started the proj in Creative Cloud. I do have Soundflower, and uninstalled it, but still running into the same problem. This was also a problem with the first version of Premiere CS6 and wasn't fixed until the first update.

The proj was crashing every hour or two, but we were able to work through the edit and lock picture. Now I'm prepping for the Mix & Conform. An OMF export crashes & AAF produces a corrupt file. I finally got through to Adobe's technical help and after a number of tests, they suggested that there must be some audio file that doesn't match the sequence settings. I think that may be true, after breaking the project apart (and exporting seperate OMFs/experiencing many crashes), I narrowed the crash to a few clips that are 6 channel audio stemming the the production audio (a Zoom H4N, I believe). Has anyone else had this problem? It seems like something the Premiere should be able to handle on an OMF export, right?