4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2013 10:38 AM by rricki

Constant "Media Pending"?

Navarro Parker Level 3

Running CS6 Mac here. What would be some of the reasons some clips are displaying "Media Pending"? My clips dont have any effects applied. It's cuts only. It's one layer of video. And I can open the source media in the preview window and it plays back fine. But in my timeline, I'm getting "Media Pending".

I've deleted the cache and cleaned the cache database.

Any ideas what's going on?         

• 1. Re: Constant "Media Pending"?
          JaysonM-Y Level 3

So only the files on the timeline are giving ya trouble? Has all the media already been loaded up in the project?

• 2. Re: Constant "Media Pending"?
            Navarro Parker Level 3

I solved the problem. I was using an external SSD as a cache drive, but I left it at work. So I guess Premiere was looking for a rendered cache clip that didn't exist.

I went to Sequence > Delete Render Files then re-rendered the work area and everything was fine.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Constant "Media Pending"?
              DanaHinman

I found something that worked for me. I had a 5 second .mov file that for whatever reason would not index. I'd used it before in several other sequences. After clearing caches, deleting preview files, trying to reimport - no luck. Finally I went into the Preferences in PRP6 and chose "Media" - there is an option there to "Clean Media Database" - clicked it, shut down PRP6 reopened and the clip was indexed and project worked fine. Here's a screen shot:

Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 7.29.50 AM.png

Hope it helps!

• 4. Re: Constant "Media Pending"?
                rricki Level 1

Hi,

i have encountered the same issue, but this does not work for me. I have lost my day, and i am interested what will happen tomorrow (at evening i have to finish my work for client !! ) .. what is this for ****ing bug!!!? it is all around the web forums speaking about "media pending"  never-ending story

¨???

i tried as well but did not help

neither :

- brutal deleting the cache files from cache folder

- uninstalling and reinstalling the premiere pro

- or .. importing the whole project (has more than 450 MB´s !!!! ) into brand new one...   freeezing freeezing freeezing. .. oh man

now i will try this solution :

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/387413

i did not properly understand this try (text byCarter Beauford,)

.. this really happily improve my working mood...    thinking about some another cutting software which does not bug so much...  any suggestions ??

Richard

Xeon 4-core E5405 2GHz

Win 7 64bit - SDD HDD