3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 10:17 PM by JaysonM-Y

Video looks ok in source window but distorted in Program window.

Stratovision Media

I am trying to work with video clips shot using a Canon XF 305 at 1280 X 720 at 60P FPS.  Using the Canon XF utility, I have injested the clips from the card to my hard drive where they are stored as MXF files. Using Premiere’s media browser, I imported them into bins from my hard drive.  I set up the sequence to match the clips settings . The video looks fine in the Source window but when I bring over onto the timeline- the same clip looks distorted with artifacts in the program window. I then used Adobe Prelude to convert the MXF files into ProRes 422 LT files with same resolution of 1280 X 720 at 59.94 frames FPS.  I used the media browser to bring those pro-res clips into Premier and set up another new sequence to match the clips setting.  I get the same problem- the video looks good in the source window but terrible in the program window when I bring them into the timeline.  They are completely distorted with artifacts.  This is the first time I have tried working with 1280 x 720 60p fps clips.  I have successfully worked with 1920 X1080P 30P clips from the same camera with no issues.  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong and how to correct my workflow will be appreciated.

I am using a 2009 Intel Mac Pro with Snow leopard 10.6.8