1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 10:13 AM by Jeff Arola

When I use the command "Place in photoshop" CC from Bridge CC, it skips the Camera Raw Dialog box

benefex_studio

I am having an issue when I use the "Place in Photoshop" command from within Bridge CC, it is skipping the Camera Raw Dialog box and not behaving like a normal smart object. This has been my workflow for years and suddenly it's not working in CC. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

• 1. Re: When I use the command "Place in photoshop" CC from Bridge CC, it skips the Camera Raw Dialog box
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

As far as i can tell, if you use Place>In Photoshop from Bridge with a camera raw file and don't have any other documents open, it skips the camera raw dialog, but does place (open as a smart object)

and then you can double click on the smart object icon on the thumbnail in the l;ayers panel to open camera raw.

If you already have a document open then Place>In Photoshop using a camera raw file opens the camera raw dialog before placing the photo.

Also check the photoshop>Preferences>General and verify you have Place or Drag Raster Images as Smart Objects checked.

The above behaviour seems to be the same in photoshop cc as past versions of photoshop, at least on the windows versions.