8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 6:32 AM by GESYMSB

TechSmith Codec

GESYMSB Level 1

Hello, does anyone knows if the TSCC Codec on the download page of TechSmith

work in both Windows?    ( 32 & 64 )

I make my videos with Premiere Pro CS5.5

Thanks

• 1. Re: TechSmith Codec
          JaysonM-Y Level 3

You wanna test that for us?
          That's the Camtasia guys right? I saw somewhere that they had a 64bit version...

• 2. Re: TechSmith Codec
            GESYMSB Level 1

Why do you think I put the question?

I had try in the past codecs from places, and at the end I have to clean my pc and then

re-install my Premiere Pro.

Yes  that's Camtasia, I was hoping someone here already knew something.....

No my friend, I will not try until I get more info on this......

• 3. Re: TechSmith Codec
              AngeloLorenzo Level 1

There are usually two ways to add compression/decompression support on Windows. The first is, like Mac, to download a Quicktime plugin. Quicktime is 32-bit and works on 64-bit systems as well. AVI, Windows terrible analog to Quicktime, also allows for a similar plug-in architecture known as DirectShow. If the TechSmith plugins install as an AVI codec, they'll be using this method and, like Quicktime, tend to function nicely on both 32 and 64 bit machines.

• 4. Re: TechSmith Codec
                Jim_Simon Level 8

AVI, Windows terrible analog to Quicktime

Considering that AVI is just a container, that it doesn't need updating, that you don't have to worry about it being 32 bit or 64 bit, that it has no gamma shift or other issues, you're statement needs to be reversed.

QuickTime, the outdated, buggy, problematic Mac equivalent to worldwide standard and workable AVI container.

• 5. Re: TechSmith Codec
                  AngeloLorenzo Level 1

It's certainly debatable. AVI isn't doing anyone any favors by not supporting timecode, pixel aspect ration or, OpenDML be damned, files over 4gigs.

• 6. Re: TechSmith Codec
                    JaysonM-Y Level 3

Thread devolves into a Quicktime vs AVI discussion. Also, as much as I prefer certain aspects of Quicktime, I really wish they'd just update it to 64 bit and start working the bugs(that still exists over the last several versions) out from that point.

• 7. Re: TechSmith Codec
                      JaysonM-Y Level 3

My advice is to "Produce" the Camtasia files into another format/codec. I usually run to AVI and Cineform... just because Lagarith and UYUV are excessively massive for a 30 min long recording of me fumbling around on the monitor.

• 8. Re: TechSmith Codec
                        GESYMSB Level 1

I found a 64bit TSCC Codec file by searching in Google from TechSmith

however I got the impression that this is an old page, and if you

go to TechSmith download page, you will find the TSCC Codec

for you too download, but does NOT mention 32 or 64bits OS.