6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 1:51 PM by John T Smith

Program Preview in Windows 8

Jabdilla

My program preview will not work in windows 8. If I drag my playhead along, it will show the different frames, but I am unable to play the preview. Please help.

• 1. Re: Program Preview in Windows 8
          joshweiland Level 2

Which version of Premiere are you using?  Have you installed all the latest updates?

What kind of graphics card do you have?  Are the drivers up to date?

• 2. Re: Program Preview in Windows 8
            Jabdilla Level 1

I'm using Premiere Pro, from the Creative Suite 6 package.

I have repeatedly tried to patch it with the cs6 6.0.3 Update, however it tells me that it can not patch until I download the most recent version of Adobe Application Manager (wich I DO have and successfully redownloaded  the most recent version of). However, it will still not apply the patch. I've tried calling customer service, and they want to charge me 200$ to have a technician do it on their end...

My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M. I am unsure how to check if the drivers are up to date.

• 3. Re: Program Preview in Windows 8
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Manually download the patch... All Adobe updates start here and select product, read to see if you need to install updates in number order, or if the updates are cumulative for the individual product http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Use nVidia driver 311.50 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1259391

How to determine your nVidia driver version

Right click in any open area of the Windows desktop

Select NVIDIA Control Panel from the popup window

Select SYSTEM INFORMATION at the lower left corner

Driver version should be the 1st line in Details

I have a GTX285 using driver 296.10 and Win7

• 4. Re: Program Preview in Windows 8
                joshweiland Level 2

That's weird about the patch not downloading.  Have you tried running the Adobe Application Manager as an administrator?  (Right-click the icon, then "Run as Administrator")

To check the GPU driver version you have installed, right click on your desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel".  This window should tell you the version, but if not click on the "System Information" link in the bottom left of the window.  The latest version for your GPU is 320.49.  If you have anything lower than that, you should update it.

To do so, head to http://www.geforce.com/drivers and select your GPU.  Do not use BETA drivers...use the WHQL one.

• 5. Re: Program Preview in Windows 8
                  Jabdilla Level 1

Thanks John, the Driver update fixed the Program preview problem!

I am still unable to patch Premiere though, as it tells me the updates cannot be applied until I re-download adobe application manager again (and again, and again)

• 6. Re: Program Preview in Windows 8
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So even manually downloading the patch file and running the file from the saved location on your hard drive does not work?

That is really odd, since a saved download should not, as far as I know, require the application manager... you have a file, not an interactive upload

Did you use the 311.50 driver that is mentioned in the link I posted... or has nVidia fixed their problem with the 320xxx driver?